Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Will an iroc rear wing fit over a kokeln IC?

Hi,

I' d like to put a IROC rear wing on my car. It has a kokelen intercooler and i'm wondering if The IROC wing will fit over it.

Here is a link

www.Rennspd.Com

Anyone tried?

Thanks

Rune
Old 09-18-2011, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Don't know, but my guess is: No, not without modification. Check out the thread where Jimtweet is modifying his ducktail.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 09-18-2011, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
The path of the warrior.

Garage
Very similar to IROC and it fits an intercooler. They call it IROC tail with Louver:

www.Rennspd.Com

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
2009 Carerra S (997.2)
Old 09-18-2011, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I took a standard IROC wing (started with a wing from GT racing) and modified it ( a lot) to make it clear my intercooler (which is a C2 Turbo intercooler). I wanted to stay as true to the look of the original as possible, but thought the 3rd break light would be a slick touch. In the end I had to raise the tail portion up about 3" to clear my intercooer. I had the opportunity to compare my turbo version to the original at a DE last weekend.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I had the same issue, B6 intercooler way too big to fit under stock wing. So I made my on one:

Homemade Whaletail

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 09-25-2011, 12:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Looking absolute perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas930 View Post
I took a standard IROC wing (started with a wing from GT racing) and modified it ( a lot) to make it clear my intercooler (which is a C2 Turbo intercooler). I wanted to stay as true to the look of the original as possible, but thought the 3rd break light would be a slick touch. In the end I had to raise the tail portion up about 3" to clear my intercooer. I had the opportunity to compare my turbo version to the original at a DE last weekend.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Great looking car Kas, would you consider changing the tail lamps to the later ones to get rid of those amber ones?
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 09-25-2011, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Schnele,
I actually have the red lenses as well. I think the amber one's help to add a little color (there's a lot of red back there).
Thanks
KAS
Old 09-25-2011, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: