Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
To my Florida Pelicans.... / Reno

To my new friends in Florida,

Some of you know I was attending the Reno Air Races, well I was there. The Aircraft hit our VIP box, but me and my father are ok. I Just wanted y'all to know I am OK. If anyone is interested I can post up the details of what happened here

P.S.- Yes I know this is not the off-topic area, but I don't really deal with them anyway, so I thought the Turbo guys might want the inside scoop.

Will be flying back monday if anyone wants to get some beers, boy I could sure use one.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Good to hear that you and your dad are ok. It's a miracle that more people weren't killed.
I wonder what the future of the air races are now. In the round-edged world that we live in today some bleeding heart will try to end the races; we can count on that.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 09-18-2011, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Oh, I think so. I am hoping not, but it is possible. we will have to watch the fallout. I LOVE the races.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Wow, that must have been beyond intense and scary. I've seen the short video on the news and havn't looked for it on you tube.

I'd kinda like to hear your story of the experience.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
we got interviewed by CBS today, they "say" we will make the evening news tomorrow. hope they dont make me look like an azzhole. Editing and spinning as they are.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Damn, I'm just sitting at the Anchorage airport flying home. What time are you flying out tomorrow ? Maybe we can have a beer at the airport ?
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 09-18-2011, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
we leave tomorrow from reno at 6am, stop over in dallas for 3 hours, then into Orlando.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Ok we'll be like ships in the night.. sorry I missed you!
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 09-18-2011, 09:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: