Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Canucks Fan

Question Trans oil change??

Hi
I jacked up the car to do a tranny oil change, 87 930 and I don't see a bottom plug on the tranny case. I see a plug on the Diff, does that drain the 4 speed. The fill plug is on the left side of the case? or is it one of the 3 on the right side?
Thanks
Scott
Old 09-21-2011, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
See below link. Not answering all your questions but perhaps a help nonetheless:

930 trans oil
Old 09-21-2011, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Here it is morri.

Dumb Question-Where is the fill plug on transmission
Old 09-21-2011, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

As noted, the filler plug is on the left and the drain is under the axles on the bottom of the trans case near the helper spring for the clutch. The drain takes a big 17mm hex and mine was all buggered up and overtorqued so I had to use a hillbilly concoction of a floor jack, block of wood, and a ratchet to get it out of there as it was already stripped when I got to it. Correct torque for both fill and drain is 20-25 NM which ain't much so don't gorilla them on there.

Have fun and enjoy that lovely gear lube stench!

-JWL
Old 09-21-2011, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
gearhead

There's no separate compartment for gears versus diff. It's all in one.
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 09-22-2011, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I just did this last weekend, if it hasnt been said already, make sure you remove the fill plug before the drain plug...just incase you cant get either one out,...

i had some problems getting my drain plug out cause it was a bit rounded, thank god i had a good mechanic buddy here to help, replaced with a new one.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: