Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Boost No Boost odd pressure?

Fairly new to turbos, still trying to learn the basics. I have an 89 all stock 930 that is experiencing intermittent boost issues. I first thought it was heat soak, but can now confirm that cannot be the issue.

Here are the symptoms. Jump in the car, warm it up, and boost comes on naturally up to 0.6 bar. Park the car, run an errand and no boost. Let it cool for an hour, and you get boost back up to 0.6 bar. But keep driving and it progressively leaves to the point where you have zero boost.

Now here is the part that seems odd. I installed a NHS gauge like this one: boost tap

It is tapped into the brake line. When you start the car the vacuum drops to -0.5. That is negative 0.5. I thought this was normal as the car would be pulling a vacuum.

Any thoughts on the issue? Could it be a faulty BOV, and if so do you just replace the part? Is there a way to test before you replace?
Old 09-24-2011, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: