Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Oil Tank Plug (bottom)

Since I will not be using the standard oil separator I need to cap the fitting at the bottom of the oil tank. It appears to be a roughly M15 fitting. Anyone know where to buy one of these caps or how I can make one that will work? It's on the bottom of the oil tank so I am hesitant to do anything that might ever come out and dump 10qts of oil while motoring down the road listening to the radio.
Here is a pic of the fitting I need to replace with a cap...

Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 09-27-2011, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

JB:

Just take the barbed insert and solder the round seat end hole shut, install it
back into the nut with the barbed end in the tank and put the nut back over it
and tighten it back down.
Mine has been running like that for about 20 years without leaking.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
More importantly, why are you listening to the radio?
Old 09-27-2011, 10:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I went to the hydraulics shop that made an oil hose for me. They just happened to have a plug in stock for a female threaded fitting. Plug is in, fitting is tightened, oil is staying in the tank. I love being able to do a job correctly.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

DSP-

Any chance you have the PN of this plug or know who made it? I need one also.

Len

Old 10-05-2011, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Hmm... we kinda just hunted through the boxes on the shelf till we found one that fit. It was so cheap they did not even charge me (or write up and invoice with the part number). Sorry. I have heard since then that a good old penny will also do the trick...
Old 10-05-2011, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPTurtle View Post
Hmm... we kinda just hunted through the boxes on the shelf till we found one that fit. It was so cheap they did not even charge me (or write up and invoice with the part number). Sorry. I have heard since then that a good old penny will also do the trick...
That's sacrilegious, a penny will not work. A Porsche commands something of higher monetary value than copper (or whatever metal they're made out of these days). Must be at least silver if not platinum to work on a Porsche.

And that coming from someone using copper plumbing elbows courtesy of Ace Hardware on my 930 (I painted them silver to look like platinum).
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: