Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Well, they seem to have finally solved the glitches mine had. It has taken them another 12 mths, but maybe they have finally gotten there. Mine never worked, straight out of the box. But they seem to have made some changes to the unit. What are the two bits hanging off the side of the injector block? You have a big round bit and another what looks to be a sensor?
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 06-10-2012, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
pressure and temperature sensor. We didn't get their mounting kit with our dwur, so we had to get creative. Unfortunately in doing so, the temperature sensor is removed from the engine. We need to rework the mounting and make some more cold/hot adjustments.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Perfect lambda

Dear Sirs,

we are about to buy the unwired tools system. Since we are running some heavy modified 934 style engines in street / sport and racing conditions it seems the perfect tool to get a car tuned on our dyno.

By racing regulations in accordance to the FIA and German historic / youngtimer racing rules we have to use the k jetronic and can not convert to a free programmable solution.

Is there anyone out here who got it running in the current configuration and now rate it reliable at the end ?

All Information is very much appreciated.

Thank you very much - remaining with best regards from Krautland.

Dirk
Old 04-09-2013, 12:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Well, I would be interested to know also. They have both my unit and my money. Mine went back to them about 12-18 mths ago for remedying - so it would actually work. I have had no reply to any request since. So I am thinking they have not got it figured, and maybe given up??
I am back to my stock WUR with some mods. Pity. Idea looked great and my original unit worked extremely well tuning wise, until it died.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 04-09-2013, 12:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Digital wur

Dear Alan,

sounds not too good - but they have offered after we send a request just two weeks ago.

So this is not a giving up behavior, I think ?!

Best reg.

Dirk
Old 04-09-2013, 01:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Dirk,
I would first try and find out how the unit they want to send you is performing. How long has it been operating? I have tried to contact them several times to see if they have improved on my unit - fixed the faults. No response. My unit never worked from the day they sent it. Too many unresolved issues.
Regards
Alan
Old 04-09-2013, 02:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Wur-m

Hi again Alan,

Ok - thanks for you advice !

Best reg.

Dirk
Old 04-09-2013, 02:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Garage
Edelweiss, Please let us know how it turns out if you buy this unit, or if you are going for another unit like BL WUR etc..
1986 944 Turbo
Old 04-09-2013, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Wur-m

Dear Trond,

yes ok it will be my pleasure to keep you informed.

We have manufactured some 82mm long stroke cranks that we are about to use - so we have to find a way getting the right amount of fuel into the engine anyhow...

With best reg.

Dirk
Old 04-09-2013, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
Dirk, this sounds like an interesting build.
Please post more about the build and what hp you are looking for.
Any modification to fuel head, any additional fuel injectors etc?
1986 944 Turbo
Old 04-09-2013, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Stroke it up

Hi again Trond,

the center of all this is the long stroke idea.

We have a long experience in stroking up different boxer engines, starting with BMW boxer motorcycles, VW beetle up to Porsche GT3 RSR that we stroked from 80,4mm to 84 mm.

Since some time we manufacture 82 mm cranks and suitable conrods of 130 mm length / pistons etc. for the engines in the generation from 3,0 RS up to 964 / 993.

Since the bore is always critical when it comes to charged engines - especially when they are air cooled - we think the stroker cranks are the best possible way to build very strong and reliable engines that are running very smooth from the bottom.

On the street or in racing application you have much more elasticity which means fun on the street and speed while racing.

So under the line from my point of view it should be a good 930 concept.

Remaining with best regards.

Dirk
Old 04-09-2013, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Any update from anyone on their experience with Unwired? The concept is pretty appealing and why I think this thread has lived for so long.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halm View Post
Any update from anyone on their experience with Unwired?

My experience is like AlanL (and many others) - unit didn't work.

Mine had inductive "ringing" in the ignition pickup - which meant that RPM was being read too high (pretty sure I don't idle @ 1800 RPM or hit 8000 RPM on a sedate commute to work) - so impossible to tune for high RPM.

Sent back for upgrade (at their suggestion). The RMA label was dated June 2011.

Began following up weekly after a few months. Had one response to multiple emails and voice mails. Steve called me back in (IIRC, late September) and offered that it was "totally unacceptable" and that he would "get my replacement shipped tomorrow".

Nothing happened.

After a few weeks, followed-up weekly again. Until I got bored around New Year 2012.

Two years on, no response, no unit. Money down the drain.

Seemed like nice guys with an interesting idea, but unfortunately flawed execution and the post-sales service gets the lowest rating possible.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Yeah, I was afraid that would be the case.

Thanks for following up with the latest news.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to 83930
I had the same experience. Sent back for repair two years ago. No reply and no contact from them. Steve said to send back for repair. Never heard another thing. 700$ down the drain. I'm sure I will run into him someday. Will let him know what I think about his product!!
Old 02-08-2014, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Toofah King Bad

Garage
Someone must live near there....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

"DETERMINATION. Sometimes cars test us to make sure we're worthy. Fix it." - alfadoc
Old 02-08-2014, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
umop apisdn

Assuming the horse is not completely dead.
Those with the injector version of the UTCIS may be interested in following the project we have underway FrankenCIS
Using the Microsquirt/Megasquirt family for control of the unit should allow a greater range of tuning abilities and resolve the electronics side of the reliability issues.

If there is interest and it doesn't break any forum rules, I can discuss in more detail on here.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 07-11-2014, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Sounds great Steve. Many here have experience that can help you with that and I'm sure many are interested. Projects such as yours are definitely welcome. I suggest you start a new thread and introduce your project there.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanimotion View Post
Assuming the horse is not completely dead.
Those with the injector version of the UTCIS may be interested in following the project we have underway FrankenCIS
Using the Microsquirt/Megasquirt family for control of the unit should allow a greater range of tuning abilities and resolve the electronics side of the reliability issues.

If there is interest and it doesn't break any forum rules, I can discuss in more detail on here.

Cheers,
Steve
Steve,

Yes please! Start a new thread here in the 930 forum and tell us all about it!
Old 07-12-2014, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)
umop apisdn

Done, should be appearing shortly after moderator approval
Old 07-12-2014, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: