Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Non User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Yeah and this is most of the reason why i'm moving on out of the community - a bunch of retards that say ***** like "he must think I didn't know what I was looking at" saying a 3.8tt isn't capable of 850 rwhp HAHAHAHAHA, come the f**k on.

Yes the presentation is rough, it needs the final polish of new paint and re-fitment of the front end. Mechanically its more on point than most 930s on the street. The motor is still basically new, the suspension with 4k miles on it, new rear hubs & bearings, new oiling system with 18 qt capacity...and a MoTeC setup installed AND TUNED that cost MORE than a 930.

I guess some people don't know how to read an ad that discloses everything.
Someone is going to get a steal when that thing sells. It's a bummer you're getting out, your posts have been inspirational on the site and your appreciation of the car and marque are unquestionable. Although not for me, ive Always appreciated YOUR vision for YOUR car, who the f*** am i to tell you how to build your car? Haters suck, theyre in all communities, but find out why those vultures are hanging out on BaT, just a bunch of wannabes, wait till you have lived in the OC for a while. Regardless good luck, and if you ever want to get together with a like minded fool in OC, with a busted up turbo, I'll buy the first round!
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 10-24-2011, 10:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Only question I have is wouldn't it be better to get the repaint and address the key issues prior to sale? Selling it like this means a hit is going to be taken and the audience fairly limited.
'73 911T Coupe (current)
'88 930S M505 (current)
Old 10-25-2011, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Maybe Gabe wants to sell it like it is so it goes to the right kind of buyer who appreciates what it is, rather than someone more interested in polishing it

The K3 shape is not my cup of tea, but I appreciate the time, skill, effort, creativity and $$ that went into it and I loved watching it develop into the beast it is. Maybe some of the macho/bravado/testosterone stuff that is kind of integral to this car rubs some poeple up the wrong way, but it takes all sorts. I will miss Gabe's posts and wish him the very best of luck.

BTW, that BaT crowd is truly ignorant and dumb.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

I'm not sure who Bat is but i have always thought this was an awesome build. As far as a repaint before sale I wouldn't bother every one has their own taste. I was just thinking the other day how cool this very car would look in that slate Gray mentioned in another thread. Gabe hate to see you go and you have really been an inspiration for me any way. I hope the car goes to another pelican who will drive it like they stole it and not part it out or stick it in a museum or something.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 10-25-2011, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
BaT = Bring a Trailer, a website for selling/buying cars.

Suspension by Rebel Racing, Serviced by TLG Auto, Brakes by PMB Performance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/
Old 10-25-2011, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
DP935 member

To me the paint is fine as is. I wish I had the extra money right now to buy it.

Porsche Slantnose M505 M506 group on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/719995181372494/
Old 10-25-2011, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
R.I.P.

$45K does sound like a smokin' deal... Even if you just wanted a bad-ass motor for your project. There is a ton more $$ in this car in parts alone, forget the hundreds of hours of labor. A few of which were mine
Old 10-25-2011, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Infidel

Wouldn't it be worth a lot more in parts? Shame to see you leave Gabe, i guess you have your reasons...... Also a shame you never did any high speed runs, you had some big goals
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 10-25-2011, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Man, I hate to see all the harsh words. I have spoken with Gabe via PM and he was always willing to help. Think he's in the service, maybe that is why he's selling, but this is one hell of a deal. I am building my car the way I want and it's nice to see him build his car the was HE wanted. For others to criticize this, is beyond me.

Good luck with the sale and if my memory is correct, stay low and safe.

Brendon
Old 10-25-2011, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
What a bummer that Gabe lost his passion for his K3 beast. Something must have caused him to lose interest. But regardless I respect his decision and for what he have done to his 930. He will be missed around here.

Gabe, thanks for sharing your passion through low and high moments.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Eh...brother........you'll leave me alone......?.......what's going on.....you did so much work and spent so much money on that monster.....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207116408000968&set=gm.1723624077 855805&type=3&theater
Old 10-25-2011, 11:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 935TURBO View Post
Eh...brother........you'll leave me alone......?.......what's going on.....you did so much work and spent so much money on that monster.....
Serge - you now hold the torch!

Last edited by slow&rusty; 10-26-2011 at 04:49 AM..
Old 10-26-2011, 04:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

R.I.P.

I understand the feeling of getting burned out on a project. BTDT. The unfortunate side is having to just about give it away because the customer base for such an insane car is very narrow. I would go along the theme of JBL930 and consider parting her out. For 2 reasons: (1) you will most likely recover more money (2) no liability for what might happen to the next owner
Old 10-26-2011, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Agree with drmatera. The universe of likely buyers for something like that has to be infinitesimally small. That isn't to say that it's not a very interesting car, just that for most would-be Porsche afficinados it will probably be difficult to justify purchasing. I would think that the sum total of the value of the parts, however, has to be more than Gabe is asking for the car.

Still, the process of dismantling and selling off the individual parts might be a pretty painful ordeal, especially having put so much passion and money into the project.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycarguy 935 View Post
To me the paint is fine as is. I wish I had the extra money right now to buy it.
I'm with you kycarguy.. if I had the xtra right now..

Gabe, sorry to see you move on.. you poured your heart & soul into this one. I'm sure you've got something cool in the mix however.

As far as the haters, goofballs, and wanna-bees.. they're everywhere including BaT, Pelican, and Rennlist, always spouting about "well I woulda, or he should, or that looks like this or that.." all I can say is screw-um!!

I bet they don't wanna go for pinks..

Dude, sorry we didn't get to run together but if you're ever in my area MD/DC/VA look me up.

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Infidel

What is a fresh fully built, twin plug, ITB'd motor worth on a crate ready to ship with the loom and full Motec set up? Must be well over $30k no?
Then the gearbox, suspension, oil coolers and plumbing, sway bars and braces, blah blah blah..... Then some of the body panels etc? Surely broken and sold in bits it HAS to be in excess of $60k?
I know Geoffrey over on Rennlist sold his old 930 in bits as it just didn't make sense to sell it as a full car.

I've been entertaining thoughts of moving on too, 9+ years, a simply astonishing amount of money in receipts, and endless sleepless nights...... Probably change my mind again when i'm back behind the wheel
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 10-26-2011, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Yet no one asked the question we ALL want to know........

Is the fried bat still stuck to the intercooler grill?

My son wants me to buy your car for that reason alone.

Too bad Momma says we can't afford it.

Good luck with the sale, Gabe. While I don't have a turbo I enjoyed reading of your exploits. And thank you for your service to our country.

Wayne
Old 10-26-2011, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Couldn't take the painful replies, threw a little love in thar.

Gabe, Godspeed my brutha... hope yer next project is even more ludonkular. Dunno man, you sure know how to set a bar........

Me, mine's off to 'O Canada. A Biturbo V12 should pacify me, bit of a change of pace eh?

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 10-26-2011, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Sold...
Old 10-27-2011, 01:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Me, mine's off to 'O Canada. A Biturbo V12 should pacify me, bit of a change of pace eh?
Congrats Paul! Moving to sick Benzes I see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Sold...
Congrats also Gabe. I hope the new owner joins the community here.
Yasin
Old 10-27-2011, 04:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: