Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
R.I.P.

cool, congrats Gabe.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
I hate to see your car go Gabe, this seemed like a knee jerk action.

It's not mine, but I'm sitting here with sellers remorse!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Congrats on the sale. If I had had the money available it soooo would have been on it's way to Alabama. I'll bet I'm not the only one thinking it, either.
1972 911T Targa now with a good 2.7
1990 Miata (cheap 'n easy)
1993 C1500 Silverado (parts getter)
Old 10-27-2011, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

To all:

Thank you for the kind words and support that have been offered here for many years. Because of this group of guys we have spawned a great company, a great car forum and gruppe for TurboPALOOZAs.

I am still a partner of D-Zug Produkte, still the web guy for Fünf Gruppen - and when in the country will attend various events we put on.

I am not totally out of the game, just taking a step back. Each of us should strive to walk the earth as a ghost at some points in our lives if only to see in stark contrast what is required of us regardless of influence.

I need breathing time in my life to put things back in the perspective they belong in, as well as refocusing and rekindling the passion for the breed, the fire which although currently dim will never be extinguished.

But know this, when I return, mark my words; it will be in a cloud of tire smoke propelled by a form that will envelope the world in a very specific breed of darkness. Satan himself will give up the left lane, children will scream in terror, grown men will drop to their knees as in the end of days and women will swoon throwing themselves as whores at the feet of the beast.

Stay tuned my friends, for the best is yet to come.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
To all:

But know this, when I return, mark my words; it will be in a cloud of tire smoke propelled by a form that will envelope the world in a very specific breed of darkness. Satan himself will give up the left lane, children will scream in terror, grown men will drop to their knees as in the end of days and women will swoon throwing themselves as whores at the feet of the beast.

Stay tuned my friends, for the best is yet to come.
You're not building a turbocharged Minivan are you?
Old 10-28-2011, 04:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Gabriel, I'm sorry for hearing the sale of such a great project car...

but I understand you also in this stage: when I get to the point of way too much boost cars 24/7 filling my life, I've just put ALL the toys in the back of my garage and closed the doors completely for a while... as you can see the timeline of my projects. Life is a thing happening right now and that is why every morning the perspective of personal approach to real time actions must be reconsidered.

When seeing that more than harsh discussion in that one sales page, it only tells about the lack of dream and knowledge of people who need everything ready: if those mentioned alterations would be there, it would be with 450k usd price attached to it... I meet such people in my every day business: their lack of capability or capital for what they are dreaming about: it is the major starting point of criticism of doings of other men.

I know there will be more to come from you: as a person you are, you don't lay back and let the life pass by.

I wish best of luck for the new owner. That badass car have for sure eliminated the buyers it doesn't deserve because of its character.

Last edited by petri; 10-28-2011 at 06:06 AM..
Old 10-28-2011, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Garage
First off, just to let all of you guys know, the Blackbird K3 has gone to as good a home as it possibly can... that of D-Zug Products. Gabe, the spirit of what you have done in the form of the Blackbird K3 will continue to be kept alive and well at her new roost. The creative energy instilled by Gabe in the Blackbird over the last three years, supplemented by the hands of many of you guys reading this (Paul K, D-man, Frank and others) , will continue through the development and bringing to market of products that will benefit all of us who love the 911 and 930 platform. Products previously thought unobtanium will become obtanium again through testing and reverse engineering on the Blackbird. The Blackbird will serve as an R/D platform, rolling test bed, track rat, and promotional vehicle for D-Zug Products. Gabe, you put your heart and soul into the BK3 and it is an honor for D-Zug products to keep her Zork flames alive and well.

Ultimately Gabe, as has been said many times, it is not about the cars, but about the people. What you have accomplished through building the Blackbird K3 is worth every penny in the inspiration, camaraderie, friendship and fun times that it has engendered between you, me, Pete and everyone else here on this forum. The Turbopaloozas (the next one which are in the stages of planning), the sprited forum discussions, the late night wrenching/ cussing/drinking sessions when trying to get the Blackbird going (or not going), backroad blasting session and encounters with the law, are the memories that ultimately, life is made of.

Relax and take a breather bro. We look forward to you getting back safely from Afganistan, and rest easy with the knowledge that the best is yet to come!

1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 10-28-2011, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
...I am not totally out of the game, just taking a step back. Each of us should strive to walk the earth as a ghost at some points in our lives if only to see in stark contrast what is required of us regardless of influence...
That's deep.

Best wishes to you and Allison.

Suspension by Rebel Racing, Serviced by TLG Auto, Brakes by PMB Performance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/
Old 10-28-2011, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
This is great news!!!! Couldn't go to a better home!! Granted it might occasionally smell like stripper,, but hey Justin I'll help you vacuum the glitter out of the seats
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 10-28-2011, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Anyone have any insight on that shifter set up? I'd like to build something like that for my G50 conversion.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin View Post
Anyone have any insight on that shifter set up? I'd like to build something like that for my G50 conversion.
Patience grasshopper, a true 935-style shift tower is on the R/D list.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 10-28-2011, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
I love happy endings, or as in this case, new beginnings.
Cheers!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

glad to see it's staying in the family
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 10-29-2011, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Garage
That car has always been wayyy cool and the built was very impressive to follow. I hope you do come back in the community as you said. Best of luck!
Agree with the rest who commented about haters... I don't know why they bother posting the pile of *** they post anyway. I wonder what they drive? Or if they have a passion for anything other than hating, probably not because if they did, they would understand... Great car!
David
1985 Black 930, K27 7006, Garretson Intercooler, Adj boost, TB: 23 - 31mm, bielstein sport shocks, ER polybronze bushings front and rear, ER monoball joints front and rear with offset camber plates, 935 X triangulated strut brace, raised spindles, racing bump steer kit
1981 Black 911sc (sold)

Last edited by Roby466; 10-29-2011 at 08:47 AM..
Old 10-29-2011, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Garage
I gave up on the guys on BaT, I said my two cents and moved on (Langdeck). You see this car is lost on most people, they fail to recognize that this car was not built for the masses, it was Gabe's vision instilled with all the dark **** he has probably lived. Like the great impressionists who left us with their masterpieces Gabe created Blackbird. I would go out on Halloween as Darth Vader in that bad boy.
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 10-29-2011, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Gabe had the most outrageously cool Porsche I have ever seen. I am glad it is staying in the 'family'.

Gabe, hope you remain an active member of the community for sure! Maybe you will own the car again sometime in the future?!?
Old 10-31-2011, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: