Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
You should have told him it was the smell of a can of Wuppass being opened up. Then throw down some gang signs.....

Its funny how kids say whatever is on their mind without regard to its effect.
Right it off to his young age, won't be the first or last time it happens. I like everyone's comments so far....its making my day at work so much easier to take.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 10-27-2011, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Actually the kid probably like the sound, however cars w/o good smog equip do stink horribly especially with today's terrible gasoline. People complained about my old catless turbo all the time. I always shrugged it off, But sitting in dead stopped traffic behind a gaggle of vintage 911's 2 or so weeks ago coming out of Laguna Seca from Rennsport Reunion, I thought I was gonna puke from the exhaust fumes. Now I know what everyone was complaining about and why we have the emission equipment we have on todays cars. We really have come a long way with emissions controls. Back in the day we were just used to the smell I guess.

BTW having had both a stock Cayman S is much faster than a stock 930, so I'm assuming your 930 is pretty modified that you could even fantasize of pulling 20 car lengths.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Boost Freak

Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPTurtle View Post
That might do the trick. Next week I will offer him a ride... then see what he says about the smell. LOL
Make sure he has a lid on his Starbucks Moko Jobamojo

Your car should easily beat that Cayman, right?
Old 10-27-2011, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

I also have both: Cayman S and 930. The CS is a daily thing, but to go for a "real" ride the 930 rules including smell (inside and out), sound, rush, no electronics, handling... plus hand built = no rattles at all.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Garage Queen

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
It sounds like that 11 year old boy has a vagina. Unlikely that he will ever earn a Man Card.

Like the Harley guys say "If I have to explain it to you, you won't understand"
He doesn't have a vagina, he has bad genetics.

Last edited by PorscheGAL; 10-28-2011 at 02:56 AM..
Old 10-27-2011, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Hoo realy keers what a 11 year old boy say abouth your car?
You know whath you hawe and bee proud of it.What ewer stinki or not.
Just my opinion.

Jocke.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

I'm sure the little shyte was just reiterating his father's verbal thoughts while in the Cayman. You should tell his dad you'll run him for pinks...And then see his mouth (and ass) pucker.

Last edited by icemann427; 10-27-2011 at 05:21 PM..
Old 10-27-2011, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbp View Post
Hoo realy keers what a 11 year old boy say abouth your car?
You know whath you hawe and bee proud of it.What ewer stinki or not.
Just my opinion.

Jocke.
really. . . . to put it mildly.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

I think I was 11 years old once, but I'm not sure. But I do know at that age all I really cared about was the rumor that poontang was just around the hormone corner for me. That, and riding my Stingray bicycle with the bannana seat during summer vacation. I didn't even know what a P car was.
The moral: We are what our daddies are, or our mommies, whichever fits your gender or predisposition. Find the little tyke's old man and beat the crap outa' him.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Blitzkrieg

Kinda reminds me about an encounter I had with a Saab 900 turbo. I was driving a 72' 2002 with weber sidedrafts and stuff.

After I showed him whats up all he could do was wave his hand over his nose. Not my fault his car was slower and behind me!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Canucks Fan

If the kid tells you your car smells tell him " not my car, must be your breath blowing back in your face"
Old 10-28-2011, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
That sucks! Sounds like my wife. Blame that other father for poor parenting.

There are some really fancy cars at my kid's school. Lamborghinis, ferraris, old and new gullwing Mercedes.

The kids have latched onto my 930 being the coolest and fastest car at the school (in the world?). Mythic stuff. Can't say I'm surprised (because this car is so beautiful and awesome) but it kinda makes me feel bad for the other parents. The kids should be appreciating them all.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
really. . . . to put it mildly.
He's a Fin, maybe something got lost in translation.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: