Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Dissed by an 11 year old

So we're on our way to a little league game tonight and we pull up next to a fellow teammate who is riding with his dad in a Cayman. Long story short, we get to the field and the kid tells my kid that our 911 3.3t smells like garbage...
Sure, it's blowing a little oil. Sure, it's not got all the emissions goodies hooked up. Sure, it's blowing about 2.7% on the CO meter. Sure, it is running with no air filter so none of the oil vent hoses are blowing into the intake.
But, man... the exhaust is loud as $h!t and it pops and gurgles something fierce at anything near or around idle. I would have thought that any red blooded kid would love loud, gurgley (I made that word up), angry, freaking harsh cars (maybe my kids are weird for liking that stuff).
I thought maybe it was cause we pulled the Cayman by about 20 car lengths at a traffic light. But I really figured they weren't even trying since they were holding starbucks frappuccino's in their hands.
What is this world coming to??? Maybe I should just go get a freaking 997 and be done with all of it. At least then an 11 year old wouldn't be dissing my car.
LOL... not gonna happen. More likely that I put meatballs on the side of the car with numbers so I have a built in "it's a race car" excuse
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 10-26-2011, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
In my best old man tone..."damn kids"

Awww don't worry about it, he'll grow up to be gay like his dad...
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case
Old 10-26-2011, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

It's that d@mn Rarlyl8 muffler I tell you... it just lets the motor speak to you with no filter between what it is thinking and what it says out loud from those pipes. If I had a nickel for every elderly person that has shook a finger at me when I drive by them (remember, I live in FL) I could have paid for that exhaust system twice!!! And the car has only been on the road for two weeks!!! D@mn you Brian... d@mn you to Porsche Heaven!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

If your car was such a piece of ****, why were you in front so that he could smell it?

Kid was just pissed because you car was faster than his dad's PORSCHE...
Old 10-26-2011, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
he man its hard to explain, but older porsches have personality, newer ones dont...

i got my first ride in a "newer porsche" last week, by newer i mean anything post 95ish...

they are too luxurious for my liking...nice interior, nice dash and knobs and carpets, seats, quiet, etc.

that is why i like my 80, its violent, its loud, it rattles, it makes noises, you want air, you put the windows down, you want heat, you lift a lever, simple and straight rude...

i would take anything pre 80s then a new one any day...

dont get me wrong, new ones are great and super super sick, but just something about leaking oil, and burning fumes that gets me
Old 10-26-2011, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

it's all part of and a direct result of the overall wussification of man. started with the social acceptance of the mini van. sweet van dude...
Old 10-26-2011, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

"Wussification"...is that in the dictionary? Should be, 'cause that just about describes a lot of things.
Damn wussies, damn kids...that 11 year old will be just like the rest of us when he grows up, remembering the first time he saw and secretly fell in love with a 930....and he'll lust for one in the back of his mind until some day one will draw his attention once again and he'll spring the cash for it in a heartbeat. At which point he'll laugh at his old man's Cayman of yor.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Somewhat off topic, but one morning a while back, I was driving the 930 around town on Tucson's surface streets doing the usual 10 mph over the speed limit and some young "boy" was tailgating me with his (momma's) Jetta. If I sped up, he stayed right on my tail...He was so close I couldn't even see his headlights. After a number of miles of this I got fed up and slowed to about 20 in a 45 for a minute or so in hopes he would just go around me. As soon as I did this, however, he stayed right there and I saw his eyes light up like, "Oh goodie, I finally got to him!" After a minute of this I accelerated back to 55 on the 45 mph road and in a few miles he made an abrupt left turn at an intersection and turned into a gas station. I continued through the intersection but made a u turn a 100 yards down the road where I flew back to the gas station and parked the 930 at the pump directly in front of his. As he just got to his pump a couple of seconds before I did, he was still in momma's Jetta as I parked about 15 feet in front of him. As soon as he looked up and saw me, his eyes, once again, became the size of baseballs...But this time it was more a look of shock and horror (instead of victory) as he didn't expect to see me.

I asked him what his problem was and why was he so rude? He had no answer for that question but immediately shot back that my car smelled like shyte (my car also leaks a little bit of oil from the #1 can...On the header. So yes, it does smell a little). I jabbed back at him that if he smelled shyte, it was because he shyte himself when he looked up and saw me parked right in front of him.

He went inside the store and came out with some candy while electing to leave the gas station without pumping himself any gas even though he was parked at a pump (gee, I wonder why?). As he walked up to his car he told me, "You must be going through a midlife crisis since you're driving that thing!" I said, "No, I'm driving this THING because I'm rich...And if I would have had a midlife crisis, I would have had it 20 years ago."

Since I'm 6'2" and 220lbs and he was maybe 5'8" and 140lbs, I suggested he should rethink his rudeness in the future since you never know who's going to be exiting that (P) car.

F'ing wussie...

Last edited by icemann427; 10-26-2011 at 08:17 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Just do what I do, shoot a huge flame out the exhaust and kids eyes light up!
14 535i M Sport
Old 10-26-2011, 09:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Je Ne Sais Quoi = Targa

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPTurtle View Post
At least then an 11 year old wouldn't be dissing my car.
LOL... not gonna happen. More likely that I put meatballs on the side of the car with numbers so I have a built in "it's a race car" excuse
Ah, skrew the little future drug-addict punk, next time tell him, in a deep, guttural, Austrian-accented voice ala Schwarzenegger, "Sweet-smelling Porsches are for girly men"
Had a '61 Roadster in the 70's, miss it also,

Last edited by Mikey83835; 10-27-2011 at 06:30 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 11:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Glad you like the "muffler" but it really isn't a muffler at all, just a very long zork tube, ha!

All air cooled engines have a smell to them, I just tell folks it smells like a man's car.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Hey kid---I DRIVE A MAN'S CAR.......

Then I would of went side by side--my wastegate-to their left/passenger side-hit 6000rpm going by them..(OOPS-MADE U SCARED)...

Thats what I would do............And I did....

Walt

P.S...I just realized Brian said the same thing...

Last edited by wjfk32; 10-27-2011 at 04:55 AM..
Old 10-27-2011, 04:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
beancounter

It sounds like that 11 year old boy has a vagina. Unlikely that he will ever earn a Man Card.

Like the Harley guys say "If I have to explain it to you, you won't understand"
Old 10-27-2011, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
sorry but....

My 11 year old is really offended here .

His words are: "it's unbelievable that some people put a stigma on us 11 year old people. This stereotype behavior on the Pelican forum is absolutely unacceptable and should be discussed in an open platform...."
Old 10-27-2011, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemann427 View Post
Somewhat off topic, but one morning a while back, I was driving the 930 around town on Tucson's surface streets doing the usual 10 mph over the speed limit and some young "boy" was tailgating me with his (momma's) Jetta. If I sped up, he stayed right on my tail...He was so close I couldn't even see his headlights. After a number of miles of this I got fed up and slowed to about 20 in a 45 for a minute or so in hopes he would just go around me. As soon as I did this, however, he stayed right there and I saw his eyes light up like, "Oh goodie, I finally got to him!" After a minute of this I accelerated back to 55 on the 45 mph road and in a few miles he made an abrupt left turn at an intersection and turned into a gas station. I continued through the intersection but made a u turn a 100 yards down the road where I flew back to the gas station and parked the 930 at the pump directly in front of his. As he just got to his pump a couple of seconds before I did, he was still in momma's Jetta as I parked about 15 feet in front of him. As soon as he looked up and saw me, his eyes, once again, became the size of baseballs...But this time it was more a look of shock and horror (instead of victory) as he didn't expect to see me.

I asked him what his problem was and why was he so rude? He had no answer for that question but immediately shot back that my car smelled like shyte (my car also leaks a little bit of oil from the #1 can...On the header. So yes, it does smell a little). I jabbed back at him that if he smelled shyte, it was because he shyte himself when he looked up and saw me parked right in front of him.

He went inside the store and came out with some candy while electing to leave the gas station without pumping himself any gas even though he was parked at a pump (gee, I wonder why?). As he walked up to his car he told me, "You must be going through a midlife crisis since you're driving that thing!" I said, "No, I'm driving this THING because I'm rich...And if I would have had a midlife crisis, I would have had it 20 years ago."

Since I'm 6'2" and 220lbs and he was maybe 5'8" and 140lbs, I suggested he should rethink his rudeness in the future since you never know who's going to be exiting that (P) car.

F'ing wussie...
I wonder if either of you ended up discovering alternator problems.

I once followed a Porsche quite a few miles in order to get to tell the driver that his battery was probably boiling. He couldn't smell the "sewer gas" but anyone behind him sure could. Ended up advising him to keep the electrical loading, headlights, etc, as high as possible until he could get the problem resolved.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

The smell...

of speed...
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 10-27-2011, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Boost Freak

Garage
Red face

Quote:
It's that d@mn Rarlyl8 muffler I tell you... it just lets the motor speak to you with no filter between what it is thinking and what it says out loud from those pipes. If I had a nickel for every elderly person that has shook a finger at me when I drive by them (remember, I live in FL) I could have paid for that exhaust system twice!!! And the car has only been on the road for two weeks!!! D@mn you Brian... d@mn you to Porsche Heaven!!!

Pics or it didn't happen
Old 10-27-2011, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
I think I would have given the little piss ant a short ride....then maybe he would have recanted his statement.

Mark
Old 10-27-2011, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
I think I would have given the little piss ant a short ride....then maybe he would have recanted his statement.

Mark
That might do the trick. Next week I will offer him a ride... then see what he says about the smell. LOL
Old 10-27-2011, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Quote:
Next week I will offer him a ride... then see what he says about the smell. LOL
He'll be smelling ***** that he left in your seat........
Cory - turbo'd '87 C3.2 Guards/Blk, 3.4, 7.5:1 CR P & C's, soon to be 993SS cams and GSXR 750 ITB's fed by 964 intake, Borg-Warner S366 turbo @ 1.4 bar, Treadstone full bay IC, TiAL F46 WG, HKS 1 1/2" BOV, twin 044 pumps, MegaSquirt 2 (v3.57 board) w/EDIS, Tramont wheels (285's rr, 225's frt), Big Reds frt, 993 rr., tower brace, MOMO wheel
Old 10-27-2011, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: