Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Oil cooler help for Ruf valance

I'm going to be replacing my valance with a Ruf and I'm 99% sure my current oil cooler will not fit behind. I currently have a BB cooler that measures roughly 27" x 7" x 3" (likely will be for sale sometime in the next 5 months).

For those that have a Ruf valance, what size cooler do you have?

Also, I have a big HP motor and want to make sure that a cooler that will fit will be sufficient or if I should run a duel cooler set up? The compact cooler from our host looks like a possible easy solution.

I'm in Pittsburgh (a 90 degree day is rare) and plan on doing DE events.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
As you probably know Ruf has an oil cooler that is designed to work with that valence. It's a perfect fit. They show up for sale from time to time. It's very effective too.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
I have this German made cooler...

It fits like this:

Old 11-07-2011, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
i am using the setup from patrik racing which retains the stock right fender mount cooler and a setrab in the front. works gerat here in so. fla and if it works here in summer it can work anywhere!!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
For DE get the biggest center mount cooler that will fit.
Keep the fender cooler too as additional help and try to get air flow to it by opening up the bumper or ducting from the lower valence.
Maximizing air flow across the cooler is key to getting the temps down.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 11-08-2011, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

2nd Gen. Alum. mazda RX7 oil cooler--

Walt

Last edited by wjfk32; 11-08-2011 at 07:19 AM..
Old 11-08-2011, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: