Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Heavy duty WUR diaphragm

Any one know where to get one? The diaphragm on my WUR has started leaking. Looked here but no luck. Still collecting EFI parts done have enough to just pack it in a switch. In any case I still would want to repair it before selling it.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-12-2011, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I sent a link to a pdf document the other day, for rebuilding WUR's. I snagged it from an evil-bay auction for a rebuild kit. There has to be a better source of parts, but for what it's worth here's the link to the auction if you choose to purchase from them. Or better yet, send it off to Brian to replace the diaphram.
Warm Up Regulator WUR repair rebuild kit Bosch single vacuum membrane set 3 | eBay
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
That "kit" won't do you a lot of good if you actually wish to rebuild a WUR. The bimetallic spring must be replaced or you're wasting your time.
Got your email Ken, Brian Leask makes the HD diaphragms. Don't know if he sells them alone.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Which diaphram is leaking, the stainless steel fuel metering disc under the control pressure line orifices in the top of the WUR or the boost pressure enrichment diaphram in the bottom of the WUR?

That ebay kit is worthless because it has none of the boost enrichment parts or the extra spring needed for a 930 WUR.

I'm not sure if Brian Leask makes his own thicker heavy duty boost diaphram.
Larry Fletcher of CIS Flowtech told me guys that rebuild them for more boost just sandwich 2 stock boost pressure enrichment diaphrams together and install them that way.
If that works why go to the trouble and expense to make your own.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

The boost diaphragm. I couldnt reset the cold control and warm control pressure so i thought the bottom disc had moved again. So I hooked up air to the boost connection set it at 1 bar and air was coming out of the vent. I took it apart and all the springs were ok and the rubber gasket looked ok. The warm up circuit was good and i had correct voltage to the plug. All i need then is a couple of the stainless steel metering discs.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-12-2011, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post

That ebay kit is worthless because it has none of the boost enrichment parts or the extra spring needed for a 930 WUR.
Agreed. The only reason I posted a link to it was because it appears to show in the picture one of the stainless diaphrams. Far from a complete rebuld kit. Who knows, the dude puting that "kit" together may have access to indivudual parts.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Brian Just e mailed me back he said just send it to him and he would fix it for free since it was one of his. Thats what i love about every one here it's almost 4 years old and no problem just send it back.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-12-2011, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
The boost diaphragm. I couldnt reset the cold control and warm control pressure so i thought the bottom disc had moved again. So I hooked up air to the boost connection set it at 1 bar and air was coming out of the vent. I took it apart and all the springs were ok and the rubber gasket looked ok. The warm up circuit was good and i had correct voltage to the plug. All i need then is a couple of the stainless steel metering discs.
If air is coming out of the vent it's not the steel fuel metering disc in the top that's probably fine. It's the boost pressure enrichment synthetic diaphram in the bottom that's leaking air.

That boost pressure diaphram pushes the center pin downwards against spring pressure under boost. When the pin moves down it lets the steel metering disc move downwards away from the control pressure line orifice in the top part so more hydraulic control pressure fuel is allowed to to return to the fuel tank lowering control pressure which lets the air flow meter push the control plunger upwards in it's cylinder farther uncovering more of the fuel metering slits so more fuel is shot out the injectors.

If BrianLeask won't sell you a diaphram, maybe Larry Fletcher CISFLOWTECH can get one or two for you. You bought one of his imagine auto modified fuel heads.

Probably best to send it back to Brian Leask.

edit:I was plucking away at the keyboard when you posted again... I figured Brian would fix it for free.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: