Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Brando

Garage
turbo oil tank question

I have a turbo oil tank and have one more fitting on it to plug. I have the m18 fitting connected to the oil pump, but next to it there is a smaller (m16?) thread that is unused. Is there an easy cap plug for this I could buy or an easy idea others have used to deal with it? I can't figure out what that one is used for anyway. Thanks, BA
Old 11-26-2011, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I found an old M16 female fitting on some oil line I had. I cut the remainder
of tubing off and removed it from inside the fitting. I then cleaned the female
portion up and soldered a penny inside and used it as a cap.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Cole,
Didn't you pump into the breather cover? If your tank is like mine you wouldhave two outlets. One m18 and one m16. Is that right or is mine different? Good idea, I have a fuel line in an m16 size I think. I could do that but I think the line is valuable. Still looking for a crappy m16 female.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Brandon,

That is correct (1) 18MM AND (1) 16MM. I did eventually plumb my scavenge pump outlet into the crankcase vent cover.

The fitting you use for the scavenge pump return is the one furthest to the right and just left of the large crankcase oil cooler line.That fitting has a long tube on it inside the tank that carries the oil to near the top of the tank so when the engine is shut off the scavenge pump will not backfill from the oil in the oil tank.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: