Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.25 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
I've bitten my tongue clean off on that one but it has cost me a lot of sales so maybe I'm the dummy. The pulse chamber is just one of many tricks you can use to change the exhaust tone but it won't do much for volume. I believe the Aborigines perfected this wonder of physics 40,000 years ago with the didgeridoo.
I had to look this thing up.

So it's a straight pipe with a mini muffler and a pulse resonator to control drone for $700.00. Nice.
Brian, correct me if I'm wrong, but every pulse resonator I have seen ends up somewhere between 24" and 28" to control the 129Hz drone frequency. That resonator is too short. Or is the flat 6 frequency that different?

Old 10-23-2017, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #721 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlead404 View Post
Isn't the pulse chamber the same as the expansion chamber? Certainly an expansion chamber muffler was good for 1-2hp on a moped back in the 70's
Aren't they called Helmholtz resonators? There are calculators online where you can size them to tone down specific areas. I looked into adding them to my M5 to shut that damn thing up.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #722 (permalink)

Garage
Show & Tell, help me restore this neglected 930

^^^ I donít think thatís the same thing. Helmholtz is the Didgeridoo thing.

Sent from my iPhone while Driving
Old 10-23-2017, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #723 (permalink)

That comes with the license plate from so everyone will know why your car sounds awful.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 10-23-2017, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #724 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I know it's bad form to bash other manufacturers but damn, a $700 tailpipe? Again I'm the dummy 'cause they sold a bunch of these. We've got an active exhaust coming out this winter for the Carrera which should please those who like it quiet until the loud peddle sings. Also have one for the 930 which I am testing on the gray slant.

Back to our irregularly scheduled program ...
Pulled all the wires out of the POS pigtail fro the delay relay and plugged them into a modern relay. Power comes on with the key and she started right up! We're back in business baby!

Old 10-23-2017, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #725 (permalink)

Garage
Show & Tell, help me restore this neglected 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
We've got an active exhaust coming out this winter for the Carrera which should please those who like it quiet until the loud peddle sing. Also have one for the 930 which I am testing on the gray slant.
]
Thatís why I have your headers and no muffler to install. I hope itís ready soon!

Sent from my iPhone while Driving
Old 10-23-2017, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #726 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Muffler is ready, tooling is the bottleneck. Had to outsource one part and as is typical if you don't control it you will be screwed. We are hopeful to have this resolved and to begin producing first of the year. I'm totally in love with the system, stock quiet at idle and cruise but man does she wail on the pipe! The valve is controlled by your right foot so if you want you can open it during spool-up and hear that turbo whiz as well. Love it!
Old 10-23-2017, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #727 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: