Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I agree with Noah, ham-fisted driving is not such a good idea with any car, much less a 930. But the really big issue here is when one includes alcohol in the equation. I don't want to perputuate unkind details about Mr. Lindberg's infamous crash, but I clearly remember that he had been drinking when the accident that killed him occured. Drinking and driving remains a very, very serious problem in this country, resulting in thousands of deaths each year. Doing it in a 930 is a little like strapping a lit Molotov cocktail into the passenger seat.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Just an amazing car in every way.

So far, I've put 81K miles (bought with 34k, just turned 115K) on my 930 and still climbing, includes many miles of "spirited driving in the mountains. I'm sure it's been a combination of skill, luck, and common sense, mostly the the last two. But I am very proud to have put that kind of mileage on a 930, instead of just looking at it in the garage. I've driven it thru 21 States.

I guess my point is, with all the negative press on how dangerous the car is to drive, and the "respect" it commands, it's pretty cool to drive one of these every day, and survive, so far at least....

This car just amazes me every time I drive it. I often take the long way home, sometimes over an hour out of the way, as I just can't get enough of this car.

Last edited by timc; 12-04-2011 at 06:21 AM..
Old 12-03-2011, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: