Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cold running issue (Video)

All..

Firstly thanks for looking!

I have a problem with my 930 engine related to running while cold.

The car will start up and run on first crank when cold, however the car seems to run VERY rich and the exhaust is black and somewhat bellowing out. The car also seems to be missing when given some throttle and really doesnt go away until the car is fully warmed up. It started several months ago when accelerating it would seem to be missing every once in a while and has progressively gotten worse over the past several months.

Though the video doesnt really show the extent of the exaust, its pretty bad. Thanks again for looking! Im hoping its not a WUR problem but my guess is that its looking like its time for a rebuild?

Joe

930 cold - YouTube
Old 12-10-2011, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
my guess is you are too lean when attempting to accelerate while engine is cold. It's very hard to geta happy medium when these engines are cold.

I have wideband afr and when cold my engine idles at 11 afr. Any leanee and it will sputter under accel. I begin to missfire at 15.9 afr.

How does it run when warm?
Old 12-10-2011, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: