Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
no idea what im doing...complete winter overhaul begins...

man, so i was having trouble shifting into thrid gear, and didnt want to do anymore damage to the gear box so decided to start my winter overhaul early....this will be a ongoing thread as i will be overhauling almost the complete car

so i wasnt 100% happy with the interior, not enough contrast...

one italian leather hide

one dash core straightened and hole filled

no idea what i am doing, but came out nearly perfect

decided to remove my gauges and replace the old nasty black stuff with a nice piece of grey alcantara, that way this color is still carried from the seats to the dash

no more alcantara door panels,..something a bit more baller

Old 12-12-2011, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
first shipment of small parts, door welting, door lock guides, heater knob, sun visor clips, and red leather pulls for new doors...

onto the real stuff, engine all unhooked,

and all out, this was not nearly as bad as i thought, but still very very scary for the first time

what a mess to clean up
Old 12-12-2011, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Man you move fast - Awesome.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
trans is off to gary fairbanks in CT on thursday of this week for a full rebuild

first to be rebuilt is the axles

next is the heater boxes,...these are being sandblasted tonight, they were NASTY

Last edited by jimtweet; 12-12-2011 at 04:22 PM..
Old 12-12-2011, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

This will be great to watch.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilonly View Post
This will be great to watch.
haha, i just hope i stay within budget
Old 12-12-2011, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Just think, by spring, we might be able to combine our pile of parts and have ONE complete car. LOL
Old 12-12-2011, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin View Post
Just think, by spring, we might be able to combine our pile of parts and have ONE complete car. LOL
hahaha, the pile is growing in my garage, i need to sell that long hood, my longhood dreams may come to a end
Old 12-12-2011, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Thumbs up

l-o-l.. hahaha.. but awesome...
Old 12-12-2011, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtweet View Post
haha, i just hope i stay within budget
Hee hee hee......he said budget

Last edited by pete3799; 12-12-2011 at 05:23 PM..
Old 12-12-2011, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Air Medal or two

The talent around here always amazes me.
Great Job !

For those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

WOW good luck with the project... Are you shortening the gear ratios on the tranny?
Old 12-13-2011, 03:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
well, 5 hours and drivers door is done, measure 200 times and cut a little at a time with fresh carbon fiber...

dash is also installed

i think the handles and pulls match much much better then before, before anyone asks, i plan on making custom rear interior panels to house the speakers...i have not yet figured out what i am doing with the stereo yet
Old 12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
well, 5 hours and drivers door is done, measure 200 times and cut a little at a time with fresh carbon fiber...

dash is also installed

i think the handles and pulls match much much better then before, before anyone asks, i plan on making custom rear interior panels to house the speakers...i have not yet figured out what i am doing with the stereo yet
I used to own a stereo shop and still have some friends in the business if you need product. If you need help making enclosures in you panels I can give you some tips if you need it.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Air Medal or two

Your dash turned out JUST magnificent !

For those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Jim, love the title of the thread... looking great so far. Best of luck and I will keep an eye on your progress.

Regards,
Bryan
Old 12-13-2011, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by x98boardwell View Post
Jim, love the title of the thread... looking great so far. Best of luck and I will keep an eye on your progress.

Regards,
Bryan
i really dont know what i am doing, i just have a good idea how to take things apart, clean them or make them better then before and put them back together, and somehow make them work again...

this is my first porsche, and my third car build to this extent really

i am debating on stripping the engine bay, i just got my braces in for the rear stock towers, so some of the area is going to have to be stripped anyway
Old 12-13-2011, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Search for my brother "turbobrat930". He did quite a few engine bay mods and things that I think turned out great... may give you some good ideas.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Garage Queen

Garage
Quote:

so i wasnt 100% happy with the interior, not enough contrast...

one italian leather hide

one dash core straightened and hole filled

no idea what i am doing, but came out nearly perfect

I'm planning on recovering the dash in the 911 and I'm curious in how you covered yours. Did you have any problems around corners like the deck above the gauges? Most of the kits are sewn at corners to give a "better" edge? Yours seem to be smooth without needing sewn edges. Anyway you could post a closer picture of the dash?
Old 12-13-2011, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheGAL View Post
I'm planning on recovering the dash in the 911 and I'm curious in how you covered yours. Did you have any problems around corners like the deck above the gauges? Most of the kits are sewn at corners to give a "better" edge? Yours seem to be smooth without needing sewn edges. Anyway you could post a closer picture of the dash?
yea i will get better pics, i didnt have my camera with me and was using my cell, i did do it in two pieces and used a separate top piece. i cut this out of fiberglass sheet.

, leather car be stretched very very easy when its nice and warm

Old 12-13-2011, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: