Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Engine Loom - Plug p/n's?

Hi folks,

As part of the EFI conversion on my C2 Turbo (1992), I'm going to try and keep the old engine loom I have in-tact; it's not gone brittle or craggy, and looking at the price of new ones, >$1900!!

I only need a handful of wires in addition to the separate loom for the ECU, so was going to make a new one.

The connectors I need to source are the 2 x 14-pin rectangular ones - one male, the other female. They look similar to the electric seat plugs.

There aren't any Porsche p/n's on the plugs or lids, and the PET is anything but clear as to what I need to order.

Anyone got any ideas? Or spares they want to sell?

Cheers
S
Old 12-23-2011, 10:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Our host sells at least one side of them... male I think. But not sure where to get the female (thank goodness I am already married).
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 12-23-2011, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I bookmarked this thread Broken 14 pin connector

I seem to remember that you can find both parts by grovelling about in PET for long enough.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Check the 87-89MY PET. I think that is the first edition where these parts were clearly identified. I've recently purchased a couple of sets so I know that Porsche has them in their warehouses here in the States. I did not try to source them here on Pelican. You will get the bakelite pieces AND the pins. You'll need to solder the pins onto the wires and packing all 14 wires in the fitting is somewhat of a challenge. Good luck. If you can't find the part number in PET, drop me a note and I will dig up the part number for you.

Merry Christmas!

Toby
1968/1973 911S MFI #73 - Tweety Bird. 911 PCA Club Racer. E Prepared
2001 GT3 Cup #77 - O M G!
Old 12-24-2011, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I don't know about a 1992 964 turbo CIS injection lambda harness but on a 930 the lambda harness uses one of those plugs. It's mounted on the shock tower crossmember behind the motor closer to the left side upper shock mount.

On a 930 converted to EFI and crank fire ignition the CIS lambda stuff has no use and is history so all the problematic relays and the k-jetronic ECU under the driver seat is deleted and the harness that connects them to motor is not used anymore so you could use that multi pin pug for something else.
All the wires in the plugs are hand soldered to the removable male and female pins so it's easy to change the wiring to them.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Cheers guys, will take a look. As said, most of the stuff I need is taken care of by the EFI loom

Ta
S
Old 12-26-2011, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: