Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Tripple Black 86 Carrera

Garage
Sputter when low rpm pull off on rebuild 911

I had my 86 3.2 rebuilt after a very successful mis-shift. The motor idles beautifully but when I pull off it sputters like it isn't getting correct fuel/air mix. This happens only in low rpm and only when accelerating normally [slowly/gradually]. This has happened in almost all the gears. On pull off when I rev it to about 2k rpm, get off the clutch as fast as possible without burnout and give it gas, it accelerates without issues and very smoothly with lots of power, same with 2nd gear and 3rd. When I'm cruising around 2k rpm or lower it starts sputtering/jerking slowly then becomes increasingly violent like when a car is about to stall. I'm scared I damage the motor. I have to get on the gas or get off it, or cruise at 2500 rpm and over which is a problem in Los Angeles 5pm traffic. What could this be? The only thing that changed is the air box was replaced for aftermarket filter? I cleaned the mass airflow sensor and the idle control valve. The idle control valve was not as "smooth" opening as it should have been and I'm considering cleaning it again.

I was told to try turning the adjustment screw on the airflow meter [3mm allen]...

Any ideas?

Thanks
KJ

Old 01-19-2012, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Sputter at gradual acceleration

I've been dealing with the exact same problem on my 88 930. sputters with gradual acceleration, but when I agressively hit the pedal, it runs perfectly.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
First, your car is not cis? So no 3mm allen. You have a 3.2 carrera which is efi so you might need some tuning. I would look into the fuel filter, and maybe injectors. It could be maf sensor? I'd repost in the 911 technical section.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
idle , jerk , jerking , sputter