Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Max Sluiter

Garage
There was another thread in the tech forum where Dave said Clint had to go on some trip. Sometimes he does that- goes to pick up parts or stuff. I wish he would tell someone.

Suspension by Rebel Racing, Serviced by TLG Auto, Brakes by PMB Performance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/
Old 03-21-2012, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin View Post
Any luck Jim? Still nothing here. Maybe I'll spend the money in Tampa this weekend instead.
i am still waiting on my parts man,..no word either...
Old 03-21-2012, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtweet View Post
i am still waiting on my parts man,..no word either...
Got a return Email a short while ago, hope your parts come in bro.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Waiting on my front suspension parts, also.
08 GT3 RS (white/black) (modified of course)
67 911S outlaw (sold)
Old 03-21-2012, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
River Rat

When I read threads like this all I can do is shake my head. There are great companies making great products and then there is this thread ... Pitiful.
1986 930 - K27-7200, Andial Intercooler, Tial Wastegate, Electronic Boost Controller, B&B headers, Bodart Zork, Leask Adjustable WUR, Full Elephant Racing Suspension w/Adustable Spring Plates and Von Shocks, Wevo Transmission Mounts, Fuel Safe Fuel Cell, Forgelines (9"/11"), Hargett Shifter, Innovate AFR, Cobra CF Seats, DAS Rollbar, Coleman Floating Rotors, Lightweight Interior, Forgeline 17" x 9"/11", 2800 lbs.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
a.k.a. Kevin M.

Chuck from Elephant is very active on this board.....and the guys at Tarett are very nice and knowledgable as well.

I have had good experiences with both, Chuck in particular took the time to spec out a suspension for my car and provide quotes via email and phone.

Kevin
Old 03-22-2012, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered

Unfortunately many businesses operate that way..how they stay in business blows my mind. Some may be good at what they do but horrible at running a business. Customer service is a key factor in any business. There is no excuse for a lack of communication. With today's options, communication is relatively easy. If too much work is the reason then hire someone to ease the load. IMO some just try to hard to have a grip/control(micro managing) over the entire business that in the end it ends up killing the business..and they are right where they did not want to be...failed!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Unfortunately many businesses operate that way..how they stay in business blows my mind. Some may be good at what they do but horrible at running a business. Customer service is a key factor in any business. There is no excuse for a lack of communication. With today's options, communication is relatively easy. If too much work is the reason then hire someone to ease the load. IMO some just try to hard to have a grip/control(micro managing) over the entire business that in the end it ends up killing the business..and they are right where they did not want to be...failed!
These are excellent points! There are at least three business on this board alone that are run in this manner (excellent products and piss-poor customer service/communication) - this "business model" seems remarkably common in the high performance motorsports world. There is a well know and respected motorcycle engine and suspension guru local to me that operates in the same fashion - everyone wants to use him but many get frustrated at his lack of communication. His claim is the same "I'm a one many operation". I even have a friend in town that has his own, two man, fabrication business and it takes him two or three days, or longer, to get back to me even when I want to spend money at his shop! Same excuse for him "I'm too busy, not enough hours in the day, need to hire more help but can't afford it" and so forth.

On the flip-side of this is Brian Bodart (RarlyL8) . . . I don't know him from Adam, other than his posts here and communicating with him via email, and his customer service/support is second to none (even with tech-help for products he did not sell). Others should take a que from him!

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 03-22-2012 at 08:59 AM..
Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
River Rat

BTW, the comment (pitiful) I made a few posts ago was not directed at the business, but at the customers that freely choose to give their business to an individual that makes no effort from a customer service perspective.

When I see any business conducting themselves in this manner, I assume that their business is "in trouble" and I take my business elsewhere.

Vote with your wallets people.
1986 930 - K27-7200, Andial Intercooler, Tial Wastegate, Electronic Boost Controller, B&B headers, Bodart Zork, Leask Adjustable WUR, Full Elephant Racing Suspension w/Adustable Spring Plates and Von Shocks, Wevo Transmission Mounts, Fuel Safe Fuel Cell, Forgelines (9"/11"), Hargett Shifter, Innovate AFR, Cobra CF Seats, DAS Rollbar, Coleman Floating Rotors, Lightweight Interior, Forgeline 17" x 9"/11", 2800 lbs.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
I felt it was worth the wait to get a superior product. Half the time it appears that customers are quite satisfied with his service. I understand some people just want something, and now. I put in Delrin rear spring plate bushings because that was a year before the Rebel Racing bushings were made for the rear spring plates on torsion bar cars. Next round of major work those will go in.

Last edited by Flieger; 03-22-2012 at 01:28 PM..
Old 03-22-2012, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
Jim, I talked to Clint just now. I think we found your emails. He wanted to call you just now but couldn't find your number. In the future, please leave a voice mail. Clint got a new phone so he says the voice mail should not be full all the time.

It seems Clint likes to do stuff by phone more than email.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm930 View Post
Waiting on my front suspension parts, also.
Mark, your strut inserts are at Bilstein at the moment. Clint didn't want to ship struts with no inserts.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Registered

Much love to Clint and Rebel Racing!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
a.k.a. Kevin M.

ok i'll play along....rebel / tarett, i think clint should give flieger a job!!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

That's a very slick looking suspension!
'86 930
Old 03-22-2012, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Jim, what ever happened with this? Been 10 days since I sent my money to Clint for parts. No order status update, no shipping information update or tracking, no email replies.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
I did not get any emails. I'll call Clint now. Please add max@rebelracingproducts.com to the list of emails you send a message to.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
Clint will be calling you shortly he says. Did you send any emails?

Old 04-18-2012, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
This is just weird, I've dealt with Clint several times over the years, and once just recently. He has always been "Johnny-on-the-spot" for me, easy to get a hold of, easy to talk with {via e-mail or voice}, real fast shipping too.
I've ordered a front A-arm bushing kit, a rear spring plate bushing kit , 2 seperate bump steer kits, all were is stock & came lickity split.
Mark
Old 04-18-2012, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
Clint will be calling you shortly he says. Did you send any emails?
Yes, on went through with my payment on the 8th and another yesterday. Due to the nature of my business, Email works best.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: