Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Max Sluiter

Garage
OK, I had already told Clint to contact you. Send me an email if he does not in a timely enough manner for you.

Suspension by Rebel Racing, Serviced by TLG Auto, Brakes by PMB Performance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/
Old 04-18-2012, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
River Rat

I love this thread.
1986 930 - K27-7200, Andial Intercooler, Tial Wastegate, Electronic Boost Controller, B&B headers, Bodart Zork, Leask Adjustable WUR, Full Elephant Racing Suspension w/Adustable Spring Plates and Von Shocks, Wevo Transmission Mounts, Fuel Safe Fuel Cell, Forgelines (9"/11"), Hargett Shifter, Innovate AFR, Cobra CF Seats, DAS Rollbar, Coleman Floating Rotors, Lightweight Interior, Forgeline 17" x 9"/11", 2800 lbs.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
I don't. I wish people would contact me directly rather than posting it here.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Just called Clint yesterday to check on my order. Left a message and within one hour he called back. Got everything taken care of and is shipping my order out.

I know that Elephant Racing may be more responsive - he has more staff. However, I received such a better deal from Clint it was definitely worth waiting for.
08 GT3 RS (white/black) (modified of course)
67 911S outlaw (sold)
Old 04-18-2012, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
i asked the mods to delete this thread a while ago, i got my parts and all is good, not sure why the thread is still open
Old 04-18-2012, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtweet View Post
i asked the mods to delete this thread a while ago, i got my parts and all is good, not sure why the thread is still open
Well if I am asking, there is a reason it's still open. Glad to see you got your stuff, I planned ahead and knew it would take some time, but geez... 10 days and no reply to my $1000 + order or 2 emails. I know people get busy, but come on.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin View Post
Well if I am asking, there is a reason it's still open. Glad to see you got your stuff, I planned ahead and knew it would take some time, but geez... 10 days and no reply to my $1000 + order or 2 emails. I know people get busy, but come on.
wait, you still havent gotten your stuff?
Old 04-18-2012, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Quote:
wait, you still havent gotten your stuff?
Ordered it on the 8th, paypal was instant. Got an auto confirmation with my order number. Since then, no order updates, nothing shipped, no tracking number. Figured I'd wait a week (because he is busy) before I sent off an Email. Still nothing. Not like I need the parts tomorrow, the build is still ongoing, but 10 days and no updates on a paid order? I ordered powder for the struts a week after my order to Clint and that showed up yesterday.

I still have a ton of work to do, but want the suspension in the car so I can make it a roller by 5/1 which means I need to mod the struts and powder them etc.....
Old 04-18-2012, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

The power of Pelican Parts Forum, just got an Email that the parts are on their way!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
In the future I ask that you email all of the email addresses on the "contact us" page. I check my email very often and if an email slips by Clint and I see an email from a customer asking where the parts are I can respond to the customer, call Clint and find out what is going on, and get things sorted out. Rather than go on a public forum we would like to keep it between the customer and business.

ContactUs

Old 04-18-2012, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
In the future I ask that you email all of the email addresses on the "contact us" page. I check my email very often and if an email slips by Clint and I see an email from a customer asking where the parts are I can respond to the customer, call Clint and find out what is going on, and get things sorted out. Rather than go on a public forum we would like to keep it between the customer and business.

ContactUs
After typing a long winded response, I decided to do the best thing and end this conversation without inflaming it more.

Look forward to seeing my parts soon.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
River Rat

Quote:
Maybe because we live in America and any form of censorship is a bad idea.

Clint has not broken any laws that I'm aware of and I'm fairly certain that the products he is selling are also legal. Clint's style of doing business is not exactly mainstream, but it's his business. IMO, threads like this have value for other Pelicans that are interested in doing business with Rebel, Elephant, etc. Many of us have had experiences with Porsche shops and vendors ... Sharing the details of those experiences allows us to make informed decisions.

Regards, Dave
1986 930 - K27-7200, Andial Intercooler, Tial Wastegate, Electronic Boost Controller, B&B headers, Bodart Zork, Leask Adjustable WUR, Full Elephant Racing Suspension w/Adustable Spring Plates and Von Shocks, Wevo Transmission Mounts, Fuel Safe Fuel Cell, Forgelines (9"/11"), Hargett Shifter, Innovate AFR, Cobra CF Seats, DAS Rollbar, Coleman Floating Rotors, Lightweight Interior, Forgeline 17" x 9"/11", 2800 lbs.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Max Sluiter

Garage
The last I will say of it is this:

The reason I was added to the contact us page was this thread (after having several others before). That new channel of communication was not used. So that is rather frustrating.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I was in the same boat this past couple of weeks and it turns out he was at Laguna Seca Raceway, I contacted Max via email and he got me in touch with Clint. I received my items quickly and it was worth the wait. Just placed another order last night.
1986 Porsche 911 Carrera, Black
2006 Porsche Cayenne S, Black
Old 04-19-2012, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
The last I will say of it is this:

The reason I was added to the contact us page was this thread (after having several others before). That new channel of communication was not used. So that is rather frustrating.
So, from a customer service point of view, you think a company should have you contact EVERYONE on their list, to get a response? Maybe all the Emails should get forwarded to the person that is going to answer them..... Just a thought from another small business owner.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Seems a common theme that the product is great, I have some of the products already and plan to buy more. Glad to see there is some changes going on with Emails and communication.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: