Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Clint from Rebel Racing,...where are you...

tried to email and call a couple times, its been a few weeks, just making sure he is alright,...

ordered some parts over a week ago and still havent heard anything on the order.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
I've gone native

I ordered from them recently, takes a while, but worthwhile.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

+1 Jim, sent them 2 Emails regarding spring rates for my build. Haven't heard any response. Makes me second guess ordering from them.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
He's a one-man operation and he does tend to do this from time to time. He works on the parts but just does not keep up on customer service sometimes. If he's talking on the phone he can't be machining your part. Many customers are completely satisfied with his responsiveness.

If you guys have some specific questions you can PM me with them and I can try to get him for you.

FWIW, many times he has read an email from me but does not respond. I later ask him about it and he had gotten it. So don't feel like he has forgotten about your parts.

Suspension by Rebel Racing, Serviced by TLG Auto, Brakes by PMB Performance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/

Last edited by Flieger; 03-22-2012 at 12:40 PM..
Old 03-19-2012, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
He's a one-man operation and he does tend to do this. He works on the parts but just does not keep up on customer service. If he's talking on the phone he can't be machining your part.

If you guys have some specific questions you can PM me with them and I can try to get him for you.
I run a small business also and I always get back to my customers, that is where the money comes from. Machining a part will give you 5 - 20 minutes between parts to catch up on a few Emails.....

Just looking for rear spring rates for my build before I order rear shocks. Running #300 in the front with a curb weight of 2500 - 2600 and looking at a front/rear that is more balanced by moving some rear weight forward. I have a complete order waiting to send, just waiting on rates for the rear springs.

Left 2 Emails over a month apart. Nothing in response.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
I'll do my best to get ahold of him. Your name is Merlin?

Old 03-19-2012, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll do my best to get ahold of him. Your name is Merlin?
Brendon, sent him the emails from either MVSBrendon@comcast or MasterHardware@comcast.... I'm not in a rush, the car is months away, but want to get the tub rolling
Old 03-19-2012, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I have ordered parts from Clint and received them quickly. Good luck.

Tom
Old 03-19-2012, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
what? me worry?

Quote:
He's a one-man operation and he does tend to do this. He works on the parts but just does not keep up on customer service.
You think he would like to see you post this about his business?

There are nice pictures of parts he makes... on his website...

Quote:
If he's talking on the phone
That is customer service...

There have been numerous threads about this... chalk up another one.....
Rudtners Racing

'69 911 GT-5
'75 914 GT-3
Authorised Haltech seller and installer
Authorised Unichip installer
BBS wheels
Fikse wheels
Redline motors oils
Swepco
1500 hp chassis dyno
Old 03-19-2012, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
I just got off the phone with Clint. Told him about Jim and Brendon. You guys should be getting a PM and or an email soon.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimT View Post
You think he would like to see you post this about his business?

There are nice pictures of parts he makes... on his website...

That is customer service...

There have been numerous threads about this... chalk up another one.....
I don't think he has a problem with me saying that as it is true to a greater or lesser degree. Sometimes you see these threads come up and sometimes I can't get ahold of him for days. But othertimes he is easy to reach on the phone. I am just trying to help everyone involved.

I don't know quite what you are implying to me but I'm not getting a good vibe.

Last edited by Flieger; 03-19-2012 at 05:48 PM..
Old 03-19-2012, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
guys, i am by NO MEANS TRYING TO START TROUBLE OR CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS...

i have ordered things from him in the past, and been SUPER happy with the parts, i just had a couple questions before i order the next round...

i sent a couple emails and didnt hear back, didnt know if he was away, or someone local to him knew more...

I am a sales manager for a company on the east coast, and my customers come first, without customers you have no company. It doesnt take long to make a customer feel like a million bucks!

when i order parts, i order in sections, and they tend to be large orders for thousands of dollars...i like to know what is going on with my order...thats all im saying
Old 03-19-2012, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
You are not causing trouble. You are perfectly justified in asking about your order. I hope Clint contacts you by tomorrow.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
You are not causing trouble. You are perfectly justified in asking about your order. I hope Clint contacts you by tomorrow.

Like I said, I am in no rush, I could set ride height with some threaded rod to get me by and could also get rough weights on the car. Just found it odd that someone else was having a similar issue with Rebel.

I ordered parts for my build from him and they were quickly shipped and of great quality.

I appreciate you taking the steps to make contact with him. Positive action by a member here speaks volumes about a vendor.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
what? me worry?

Quote:
I don't know quite what you are implying to me but I'm not getting a good vibe.
My point is, that the customer service could improve... that could be said for every business in existence.

It should be better than someone posting a "Where is" thread, and then some good Samaritan rides to the rescue and gets in touch with the vendor...

Hank at GT racing covered this little customer service dilemma years ago...

And you don't get a good vibe when it is suggested that a vendors customer service can improve?

Maybe for schiess and giggles Ill compile a compilation of "where is" threads..
Rudtners Racing

'69 911 GT-5
'75 914 GT-3
Authorised Haltech seller and installer
Authorised Unichip installer
BBS wheels
Fikse wheels
Redline motors oils
Swepco
1500 hp chassis dyno

Last edited by TimT; 03-20-2012 at 05:12 PM..
Old 03-20-2012, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Banned

Maybe the Rebel Racing dude, Camgrinder and Zuffenhous (sp?) should go into business together?!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
Well, I know Clint as a friend and assemble parts for him sometimes since I go to school right near him (he went there as well). So I am not just another customer, though I am very pleased with the product (front bushings, strut brace so far, rear bushings to come next).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimT View Post
Maybe for schiess and giggles Ill compile a compilation of "where is" threads..
Please, don't bother.

I know his customer service can improve. I thought you were saying I should not be saying that his customer service needs work.

I keep trying to get him to have me be on the customer service side. Something like when he makes progress on an order send me an email so I can tell the customer or handle the customer's inquiries. For the specs and such I realize people want to talk to Clint, but at least on the order status I am willing to help out. But he hasn't said anything about that.

And so these threads...

To all: if you have trouble getting ahold of Clint, contact me before starting a thread. I can then try to get ahold of him so you don't have to keep trying, but that is about all I can do- be the middle man.

Last edited by Flieger; 03-20-2012 at 05:49 PM..
Old 03-20-2012, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

I recently ordered from Clint, great guy, great attitude, I had excellent costumer service, good product, fast shipping..I even had a slight problem with shipping but he fix it immediately!
I hope for him is having fun on a beach somewhere..!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Any luck Jim? Still nothing here. Maybe I'll spend the money in Tampa this weekend instead.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Why punish yourself trying to contact or order from someone that doesn't care about customer relations and can't remember your order after you place it. I had the same lousy experience with that guy.. never again.

Just call ELEPHANT RACING Home Page instead.
Way more experience, Way more products to choose from that are well proven and work, ..and they answer the phone. Chuck Moreland is very experienced and professional.

If you want sway bars and or drop links you can go to Tarett Engineering Competition Porsche Suspension Components in San Diego. Thats where they get them from.
FWIW, you see the Rebel Racing and Elephant Racing suspension bushings on their website too. 911 Monoballs & Bushings

Old 03-21-2012, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: