Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Frustrated/WARNING

Gents I posted my comments/concerns in the for sale thread. As some of you know I have tried to amicably to resolve this ongoing issue with JJcustominteriors (Ron)

It was time to disclose this in an effort to help those current/future clients who may be going through the same dilemma or will be going through the same dilemma..

here goes the thread..my comments are in the last post

Recaro Seats / Parts / Restoration

Old 04-13-2012, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

WOW, sorry to read about your problem(s) . . . this sure is a common theme on all of the Pelican Parts forums . . . wonder why so many of the Porsche aftermarket shops have such lousy turn-around times and horrible customer service practices?
Old 04-14-2012, 03:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
beancounter

Damn Rey, that really sucks. I had the factory seats from my car sitting around until about 2 months ago, then I gave them away. They were worn out and in need of restoration, but at least you could drive your car.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Man, that guy has a TON of excuses. I see this type of crap happen all the time on the stunt forums with broke add kids pulling scams, but this is un called for.

On a side note, I live in NH and have a stock set of black leather seats and a set of Corbeaus if you need something for the car so you can drive it.

I'll let you use them for free all we have to do is get them to you.

Brendon
Old 04-14-2012, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thank you very much guys, unfortunately I'm not alone. This week I shall look into other avenues to resolve this matter or gain some sort of satisfaction.

Imr-Merlin thank very much for your offer, I will keep it in mind.

I will keep you guys posted on the outcome

Rey
Old 04-14-2012, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Had a conversation with Jessica(Ron's wife).She called me as promised. All seems to be headed in the right direction. She assured me I would receive my seats by the 1st week of May.

I will keep all posted as this matter moves forward.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quality work

I have never done business with your guy out there and I am not defending him.
My experience with getting work done on my cars is sometimes the best guys are small shops. They may have one or no other employees. Unfortunately they are not the most organized nor do they operate to the expectations most people have. I use a few of these guys in South Florida and though it is sometimes frustrating they have a lot of pride in there work and the end result is better than any of the alternatives and always a fair price.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Update

Finally received my seats. What a hill to climb but fortunately we crossed the finish line. Not a situtation I would want to repeat. Hopefully I can install them soon(busy with work and home stuff).

Old 07-11-2012, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

one more pic
Old 07-11-2012, 04:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
looks like you can 'check you blood pressure' with those seats - - and, my guess is that it's lower now
Old 07-11-2012, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney265 View Post
looks like you can 'check you blood pressure' with those seats - - and, my guess is that it's lower now
yes it is...lol
Old 07-11-2012, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Banned

I'm glad you got your seats at long last and think they look great!

I can relate to what Ron is going through regarding his medication - prednisone, of which I, unfortunately, have quite a bit of experience , tends to shut you down, both physically and mentally, when taken for extended periods - difficult to tolerate, and function, while taking it and even harder to kick. Obviously, it causes more problems for some than it does for others.

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 07-11-2012 at 03:32 PM..
Old 07-11-2012, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Yeah, that is a bad news drug. My father was on it for 6 years (post kidney transplant). He actually felt better before the transplant and after the transplant rejected. His bones looked like nothing on X-Rays.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
I'm glad you got your seats at long last and think they look great!

I can relate to what Ron is going through regarding his medication - prednisone, of which I, unfortunately, have quite a bit of experience , tends to shut you down, both physically and mentally, when taken for extended periods - difficult to tolerate, and function, while taking it and even harder to kick. Obviously, it causes more problems for some than it does for others.
Thanks

Yea took prednisone years ago, did not like it. Prednisone tends to screw up ones immune system. Hopefully things move in a positive direction for all parties involve.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: