Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Nothing else can be done and anyone that says otherwise is full of ****! Also, according to copbait73, a bonafied turbo expert, there is no such thing as a "wear in" period . . .in an earlier thread, he said you run it up to max rated RPM and it is either right, or it's not!

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 04-16-2012 at 06:36 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
The most important aspect of turbo installation is to verify your oil system is functioning properly. This is done by priming the turbo and observing good flow (see below picture).
I follow and recommend driving the new turbo around town for about 50 miles off boost, not necessarily to break in the turbo but to observe all is well without sending a turbine wheel through the engine at redline as that lost exhaust nut fires out the muffler or puking oil all over the pavement as the oil passeges clog up with red silicone gasket sealer the mechanc's assistant slopped on.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Just to show that all is not what seems with some modified turbos that have been bummed about,i personally thought these would be a reliable great upgrade, but looks like otherwise.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stup View Post
Just to show that all is not what seems with some modified turbos that have been bummed about,i personally thought these would be a reliable great upgrade, but looks like otherwise.
Like you, four years ago I though these turbos would be the **** (based upon reading about them on the internet), but when mine failed quickly, and I began to look into them more closely, I found that many other people had the same, or similar, experience with the HyFlows as I had. I'm not sure how he is still able to sell them . . . guess just enough of them work right that people are willing to give them a try?

BTW - when mine failed, though dissapointed, I did not think much of it as I know that **** happens, but was stunned to find out that my experience was shared by many others (had conversations with 5-7 people, just on this forum, that had the same failures - now have read of several other recent failures, too - WOW)!

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 04-17-2012 at 06:22 AM..
Old 04-17-2012, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Champagne on Beer Budget

Garage
My original post was not to bash the turbo...it just needed the correct thrust washer and some balancing. I still run it on my car

www.einarsgarage.com
Instagram @einars_garage
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Einars-Garage/375533809160797
Old 04-17-2012, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: