Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Help - Revving Too High

Finally finished working on adding some twin turbos to my 964, appear to have resolved all the oil leaks, but the car is revving at 4000PM. Is it that I have some line incorrectly hooked up or could it just be an idle screw issue?

Thanks

biggles

Old 04-21-2012, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

My car revs way past 4000 rpms, so I'm not clear on what your issue is. You need to be just a tad more descriptive. Are you referring to 4000 rpm at idle? If so....holy crap, that's just a little bit excessive.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Mark
Yes - 4000 at idle. It has been sitting for almost a year, so I would figure about 1200 - 1500 until warmed up and then 900 - 1000.

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriong View Post
Finally finished working on adding some twin turbos to my 964, appear to have resolved all the oil leaks, but the car is revving at 4000PM. Is it that I have some line incorrectly hooked up or could it just be an idle screw issue?

Thanks

biggles
Did you try to adjust your idle down? Did your distributor remain untouched during your work on the car? O2 sensor still hooked up?
Old 04-22-2012, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I have not adjusted the idle and the O2sensor is not hooked up. New exhaust, so I need to get the bungs welded. Will try to adjust the idle, and see the effect.
Thanks
Old 04-22-2012, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Yesterday after the car was warm I decided to disconnect my 02 sensor to see what would happen. When I restarted the car the idle was way up and the engine was running way lean. I didn't try it on a cold engine. Just a FYI
Old 04-22-2012, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Think I may have resolved my problem. Just changed out the after market chip and reinstalled the old chip and she idled at about 1200. Hopefully, tomorrow after work, I can let it run longer and see how it works.
Thanks for the feedback.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: