Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Need 930 Electrical person in Los Angeles

Hello group
I have a 1978 911 converted into a 3.6 twin turbo and wanted to go over all the wiring of the vehicle, as there were so many not used or cut up wires hanging, or some not even being used anymore, as I have a stand-alone system. A very experienced individual going over the vehicle and took all un-necessary electrical wires out and in process redoing some old wires that needed more attention too, but sine three weeks ago he has been MIA.

I need someone to take over the project, which is about 70% concluded. Any recommendation would be appreciated.

The car is currently at a shop in Van Nuys, CA and it needs to be worked there, as the vehicle is in final chapter of being finalized.

I can be reached by email at 4335332@gmail.com or cell phone 310.433.5332

epg@usa.com
Old 04-22-2012, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
TRE is in Van Nuys.

Or if for some particular reason you want to avoid them, there's also TLG in N Hollywood.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

Neil Harvey at Performance developments
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-3584RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 04-23-2012, 12:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I have heard about TRE nothing but good things, but also that they are extremly expensive. I can't take the car there, as i am looking for someone as a contractor type to come in and finish up the job while at the current shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah930 View Post
TRE is in Van Nuys.

Or if for some particular reason you want to avoid them, there's also TLG in N Hollywood.
epg@usa.com
Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

You are going to have a very difficult time with this. It is bad enough to do work like this, far worse to try to figure out what someone else was doing, and then to compound it by asking someone to come into yet another shop to do the work. !!!??

Please tell me the person doing this work was documenting the project. [So someone else will have a clue where things are at.]

I realize this is probably a nightmare for you. Unless you had some type of side deal with the technician, it should be the responsibility of the shop to finish this correctly. You need to appreciate that a great many mechanics are not terribly competent with the complex 930 engine electrics. If you are not careful this situation could become much worse.

Good luck. Be careful.

JR
Old 04-25-2012, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
I've never felt TRE to be any more expensive than any other reputable shop. Maybe I have more money than brains. But I've always felt them to be fair and honest.

And there are a couple times I've been there for small items, and they've just helped me out gratis.

Like in the above post, I think you're going to have a hard time (though not necessarily impossible) finding what you're looking for: competent, mobile, willing to take on someone else's half-done disaster, and cheap.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: