Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Turbo oil sump tank vent?

I've removed my factory airbox and replaced it with the K&N cone filter I've read about here...love the added space.

Question is, now that the airbox is gone, where is the popular place to vent the turbo drip tank now that there is no place for the old hose t tie into? Do I just run the existing hose with a small breather on top and tuck it neatly away somewhere? What's the clean and sanitary solution you guys are running?

In a perfect world I guess I would get the old hose to tie into my new breather / tank I've made for the oil dry sump tank but it's clear on the other side of the engine bay and I've got no additional fittings to receive another hose. Thx.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Alot of people including myself have aftermarket headers and turbo drip tanks with no vent and no problems from that so it's not needed.

So, you can plug it or put a small K&N on the end of a hose attached to it. If you do that make sure the end of the hose with the little filter on it is up high like it was on the oem air filter housing so no oil can back up out of it if you park uphill or something.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Alot of people including myself have aftermarket headers and turbo drip tanks with no vent and no problems from that so it's not needed.

So, you can plug it or put a small K&N on the end of a hose attached to it. If you do that make sure the end of the hose with the little filter on it is up high like it was on the oem air filter housing so no oil can back up out of it if you park uphill or something.
Perfect...thanks!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned

One thing I would mention is that if you vent the hose into the engine bay you are likely going to choke on the fumes when you run the cabin heater. Some say the fumes are overwhelming in the cabin even without running the heat . . .

Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: