Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

79 barn find (and speedster)

ULTIMATE BARN FIND PORSCHE SPEEDSTER AND 930 TURBO

79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 05-06-2012, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Uhh huh....the guy is dreaming on $200K for both.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The garage dust to prove it huh? I can make that dust in 2 hours when I am doing cabinet work in the shop.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
I don't think he will have any issues. Speedster prices are nuts these days.

1954-1958 Porsche 356 Speedster | Hemmings Motor News
Old 05-06-2012, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtel View Post
I don't think he will have any issues. Speedster prices are nuts these days.

1954-1958 Porsche 356 Speedster | Hemmings Motor News
Wow, that's nuts....but good for the mark! One of these days it will be the 930 going for those prices (or so we can dream).

But a dust covered, been-in-a-garage for a zillion years with 90K miles (plus "now has 3500 miles on the restored body") sounds just a little off to me. But still, a 356.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Hmmm, not up on your Speedster lore huh.. I have a friend here that got $130k for his last year. I've seen some real buckets on ebay recently in the $90k range.. sold!
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Add this to the starting offer of $200K for both, I have good information that a very low mile 79 930, also one of the last 50 was recently offered over 100K and turned down so that guy is out there looking for a pristine example and could easily off the speedster for 150K+. . So if this speedster is a correct recent restoration w/ numbers matching example, individually they could easily add up to much more than $200K. To find just one person willing to pay top dollar for both might take awhile as these collectors generally come from different camps, unless of course a Seinfeld type gets the urge. I would say if you have to buy both, one will be resold. Sort of hard to think they both are the exact ultimate model/color etc for the same person as most collectors I know want the cars they buy to be exactly as if they could order it when new. If I were selling for a client, I would try selling together or individually and see which works out best. However no one asked so just my 2 cents.

Last edited by voitureltd; 05-07-2012 at 02:40 PM..
Old 05-07-2012, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Back in '89 a friend flew me up to NC to pick up a '59 speedster he bought and drive it back to Florida.
The car was red with black interior, low miles and in perfect condition.

It was a real treat to drive it the approx 10 hour trip south.
I remember the oil cooler under the fan shroud made a soft whistle somewhere in the mid 3000 rpm range.
It was a really sweet car and now it's probably worth 4x or more what it was then.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I missed multiple restored speedsters in the late 80's going for 25k. Perfect cars dor 25. My lowly old 356 is finally creeping up in value too. Not that I'd ever sell it anyway. I have the first new wheels I've ever purchased for the car sitting in the garage ready to be bolted on for another south Texas road trip Thursday. Mighty 185's instead of the stock 165's I'd used for the Rennsport road trip last fall. I digress.

That might not be a bad deal for a newbie getting into Pcars.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Paul View Post
I missed multiple restored speedsters in the late 80's going for 25k. Perfect cars dor 25. My lowly old 356 is finally creeping up in value too. Not that I'd ever sell it anyway.
Yeah, that's funny.. a lot of us have been down that road. That was a lotta cash for one of those cute little boogers that would barely get out of its own way! I had a C coupe, and 64 SC Cab that I owned twice back then... I remember when they started going up in the early 90's.. that's when I bought mine back and sold it a few months later.

I picked-up a 57 outlaw coupe in 87, back when outlaws weren't cool.. everybody frowned on them especially with body mods like mine. I still have that one and like you, don't plan to sell.

Dontcha just luv this shi*!
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
If I were ever to sell my cars it would be to buy a 904/906. I actually looked at one a month ago in Houston. A hot rodded 2.7 with all the right bits. He wanted a bit to much since it was a Beck Clone. It would be hot, loud as hell, but don't you know one beauty?

Old 05-07-2012, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: