Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

964 Turbo ABS pump trouble shooting

Hello Folks,

Noticed a small amount of fluid under neath my driver side front bumper. Took the car to Porsche and was told I need a new hydraulic ABS pump ( $1700 + L)

Had them button up the car until I have time to look into it. So last night went out and noticed the fluid coming out right where the brake switch screws in ?

Can some one confirm that I only need a switch and an O-ring rather than the entire ABS pump.

Thanks

Last edited by yasir; 05-12-2012 at 05:07 AM..
Old 05-12-2012, 03:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Got Boost?

Garage
I wish I had an answer for you as I am having ABS problems as well, although no leak that I know off, and they seem difficult to troubleshoot without replacing parts. $$$$$$.

If I where you, start by taking the spare tire, battery, ABS Cover, battery cable cover that runs over the floor pan and inspect that you don't have any starting corrosion due to the leak.

Good Luck.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for your reply and yes me and Porsche service tech both looked and every thing was just fine. The leak had just started so I was lucky there We did take out the battery and other stuff and rinsed the area with water.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
I've gone native

Perhsps a Indy Porsche shop rather than the dealer could fix rather than replace.
Other than pads n rotors, brake systems I don't Meds with too much.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Just a little side note, if you need to clean anything that has brake fluid on it and don't want to harm the finish further (electrical excluded) all you need is a spray bottle with tap water. The water will break down the fluid, simply wipe it off with a cloth or compressed air. No need to use harsh chemicals like brake cleaner.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: