Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Brando

Garage
930 swap a/c opinions

I know it's not your problem, but would you do it? I have been chasing hot oil out of my life and have a handle on it now with upgrades and more coolers.
Now, as part of my perfect road car build, it's time for a/c. But I've had some second thoughts on this as,
a) my wife doesn't seem to worry about being hot and
b) I don't want to hinder/hurt my good running setup.
I definately don't want more heat in the engine compartment so condensers almost need to not be there in my mind.
I'm in las vegas and it does get hot. And I drive this car as often as I can(almost every day). I'm leaning toward doing it, but I think it's going to be complicated as my car never had a/c before. RSRfan has offered his turbo a/c componentsto me which is awesome and a great start. Whatcha think? Would you do it?

Old 05-14-2012, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Retroair, WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

78-89 930/Turbo Porsche A/C Upgrades/Kits
Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

RennAire Porsche 911 Air Conditioning Products
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 05-14-2012, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Too bad you aren't in the Seattle area, I'd pretty much give you my complete A/C system for a mere a couple of hundred bucks, including full width underbody condensor, front condensor, smugglers box condensor, tail condensor, all stock hoses & pump.

I never even turned it on, let alone tested the system before I took it all off, no idea what real condition it is in, but it all looked good & proper. Now just sitting in boxes in storage.

I'm never going to put it back on, and I think the whole system is only worth a couple of hundred bucks to anyone, & shipping would be cost prohibitive vs. the value.

Maybe someday I'll have a Porsche parts garage sale for this and all the other crap I took off the car, hummmmm.

Mark
Old 05-14-2012, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Rsrfan gave me his stuff from his 86 but I'm looking for a belly condenser. How much?
Old 05-14-2012, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
I have no idea if it holds pressure{small amount of rock impact damage}, I think it is only cosmetic, but I'm not spending money on testing it, it would cost too much to ship as it is LARGE & HEAVY.
If you were in the Seattle area I'd just give it to you.

Mark
Old 05-15-2012, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Banned

One thing that will help considerably is a fender mounted condeser, with fan, like Zimms sells . . . I have one and it really helps the system cool (even using 134).

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 05-15-2012 at 08:57 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I live in Bahrain in the Middle East where it gets HOT

Installed a Griffith system last year and could not be happier. I have the condenser in the back with fan and installed 2 more condensers in the wheel arch also with fans. We rescued a Siberian Husky dog out here a few years back and she loves to ride with me in the middle of summer - that is how cold it gets.

Griffiths, Kuehl, Porsche Air Conditioning, compressors, condensors, receiver driers, evaporators, barrier hoses, expansion valves, Behr, Nippondenso, Kuehl, Seltec, Sanden, York, refrigerant, R134a, R12, 911, 912, 914, 924, 928, 944, 951, 968, 993,

Highly recommended from my experience
Old 05-16-2012, 03:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3geoff View Post
I live in Bahrain in the Middle East where it gets HOT

Installed a Griffith system last year and could not be happier. I have the condenser in the back with fan and installed 2 more condensers in the wheel arch also with fans. We rescued a Siberian Husky dog out here a few years back and she loves to ride with me in the middle of summer - that is how cold it gets.

Griffiths, Kuehl, Porsche Air Conditioning, compressors, condensors, receiver driers, evaporators, barrier hoses, expansion valves, Behr, Nippondenso, Kuehl, Seltec, Sanden, York, refrigerant, R134a, R12, 911, 912, 914, 924, 928, 944, 951, 968, 993,

Highly recommended from my experience
Haha I'm working in Saudi right now! You gotta have like one of the only 930's over there huh!

1985 Carrera: Big Reds = Ass Saver
Old 05-16-2012, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: