Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGaston View Post
Thank you all for the compliments. I love the way it looks. I would prefer the OEM mirrors, primarily because the 935 units are useless.

Onboost, I LOVE your car.
Thanks JM & pputkowski...

I know your 935 mirrors are potentially useless.. however, they do fit the lines of the car so well. And of course the factory mirror holes have been filled and the doors/or car repainted so the re-drill for fitment of stock mirrors won't be fun.

I am in the process of adding the 993 aero mirrors to my car as they fit the lines of the slantnose better than the stock flag mirrors currently in place. If my car needed paint, I would probably fill the doors and go with what you have.. the 935 mirrors.

Again, welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!!

RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Great lookin' slant...yer gonna luv it!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
I've gone native

On second thought, I'd leave the 935 sides and the rims. The side mirrors would be too much of an undertaking. Re the fuchs, tires have become impossible to find, so sooner or later anyone who drives their car is gonna be changing rims anyway. Leave it, enjoy it!
Re non factory 505 cars, I think that a dealer conversion is the next best thing to factory original, not the same but close. The ones to avoid are the aftermarket fiberglass kits.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Im going to post some photos of the car in the Slant nose registry post...

here is the link:Slantnose, Slant nose,Slope, M505 factory 930S documents, registry, ultimate,flachbau

Last edited by JMGaston; 05-29-2012 at 04:37 PM..
Old 05-29-2012, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

I got my 935 mirrors to work fine. I swapped out the flat mirror on the passenger side with a convex one, and use a slightly larger interior rear view mirror. I have a good rear view with no blind spots.
If your going back to Fuchs I'd go with 17's. That being said your wheels look fine. Great looking car!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumba View Post
I got my 935 mirrors to work fine. I swapped out the flat mirror on the passenger side with a convex one, and use a slightly larger interior rear view mirror. I have a good rear view with no blind spots.
If your going back to Fuchs I'd go with 17's. That being said your wheels look fine. Great looking car!
Thanks for the tip, the convex mirror is a good idea. Do you have a photo of your mirror that you could share?

I love my wheels. I realy like the Fuch's, but I wouldn't swap mine out, unless I was trying to sell the car.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Not sure what you wanted a photo of.
Here is a link to the convex mirror.
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=1554
The Vitaloni Sebring mirror is the same mirror as the 935.
The mirrors are adjustable. Mine were frozen. The metal cup spring & screw had surface rust preventing adjusting it. I ended up taking the mirror housing off the car (silicone sealed to the fixed vent window), cleaning the rust and replacing the passenger side mirror.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Thanks. We're you able to keep your stock 935 housing and just replace the glass and mechanicals, or did you swap out the complete unit? I want to keep my outer housing intact as it is painted to match the rest of the car.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Yes, I just replaced the mirror and hardware, not the housings.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Thanks. I"m going to order the parts today.
This is a great message board!

Old 05-31-2012, 02:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: