Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Buzzer indicator

When I first put in my key to start my 79' 930, the red and yellow turn on with the buzzer sound (normal). However after the car starts it turns off but that buzzer sound comes on every 2-3 minutes without any check light on. Anyone know what that buzzer is indicating? This is something new for my car but noticed that its running alittle rough at idle now. Help! Hipdoc

Old 05-17-2012, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
could be your seatbelt warning buzzer. try strapping the passenger seatbelt even if no one is in the seat. hope that helps.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I never heard of an OEM buzzer on a 76 ~ 79 930... Let us know what you find out.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
not sure how yours is set up but on my 84 the buzzer thing is right behind the clock in the dash. if you pull the clock and look down and right you will see a plastic module that has a card with wires in it that slides into it mine gets a bad contact now and then and does the opposite of yours(it won't work) i wiggle it around a bit and it works.
15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 05-19-2012, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

It also happened to me. As a temporary remedy what I did was to pull out the seat belt relay. Its located behind the fuel and oil level gauge. You have to pull out the gauge to access the relay.

tdh888

Old 05-19-2012, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: