Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Steve McQueen Car show in Chino Hills, California June 2nd

Hey Everybody,

Just thought I would throw out that the Steve McQueen Car show will be June 2nd, out here in Southern California, in Chino Hills, off of the 71 Freeway. Its a really great show, with a full spectrum of Porsche cars. Its hosted by the 356 club but attracts a lot of great cars from 550 spyders to Carrera Gts, so if you live around the area, its worth driving out early to get your car a good spot of the grass of Boys Republic, where Steve was I guess you could say turned a good direction as a teenager, before he made a career in Hollywood.

I've been fortunate to make it the last couple years, and hope to have my 930 back on its wheels to get it to this show. Steve had one of the first 1976 930s in Slate grey, as a lot of you know, and it's been at the show the last two years, along with some of his other cars that have remained with the family over the years.

For more info check out the website:
Steve McQueen Car Show - June 02, 2012

It cost around 50 bucks, but its for a good cause to get kids back on track and make something of there lives, obviously the place works, as McQueen was proof.

A few pics from last years evens of some cars you guys may like, Including McQueens slate grey 930:

Nice local 1977:

Lee Rice's turbo, which started out as a 1968 short wheel base 911 I believe and has evolved over 4 decades to what he has now. He's always interesting to listen to with all the mods on turbos he has tried over the years.

McQueens:

Some others that were pretty cool:

Would be great if some of you guys can make it out!

Ben

I live in Chino part of the time, ;-)

1979 930

Old 05-18-2012, 12:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I couldn't find the hours. Do you know when it starts & ends?
I'd like to stop by, but I'm racing at the California Speedway in Fontana in the Porsche Owners Club annual "Tribute to LeMans" 4hr endurance race. Perhaps I can zip over during our lunch break...
Old 05-18-2012, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Hmm, yeah looks like they changed the registration now to the Boys Republic Website.

But it said display cars enter at 6.00 AM to 8.00 AM,

Car Show open to the public at 8.00AM and goes to around 2.00PM.

Hope that helps any one thinging about coming, also the Boys Republic Website Registration closed at May 15t. I tried registering just now, and it keeps erroring on the zip code. The last years, you could just show and pay at the Gate, so not sure this year, best to call, if your wondering, thats what I will do Monday:

https://secure2.csz.com/cgi-bin/boysrepublic/FofSMCS.pl

June 02, 2012
Boys Republic, Chino Hills CA

Information or Questions:
(909) 627-0017

Hope that helps!
Old 05-20-2012, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Oh yeah, it cost 10 dollars to get in as a spectator, as a donation towards Boy Republic I think....

Old 05-20-2012, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: