Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

80' 911 turbo

Have had a lot of interest on my car for sale here on our member site and 2 very close to sales but have not made in on the transport yet. Complete honest dialog of 23 history and my mechanic is available for consultations on entire build. Should I hold tight and wait until the market strengthens or move onto autotrader ? Want it to go to an appreciative home and aware that being a more spartan vehicle than the stock turbo narrows the potential buyers. Any suggestions ? Car is a wondful driver without issue but is it me or the moreso soft market. My faith is here on pelican and it's members have always been exceptional. I am loyal and was just hoping for my car to stay with such people found here. Any perspective or guidance would be appreciated.

Last edited by trauma2; 05-20-2012 at 05:49 PM..
Old 05-20-2012, 09:24 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauma2 View Post
Have had a lot of interest on my car and 2 very close to sales but not on the transport yet. Complete honest dialog of 23 history and my mechanic is available for consultations on build. Should I wait until the market strengthens or move onto autotrader ? Want it to go to an appreciative home and aware that being a more spartan vehicle than the stock turbo narrows the potential buyers. Suggestions ?
Hold onto it as long as you can, they are only going up in value.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:42 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

80 turbo deliberation

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I forgot to mention the basis for possible sale was the new arrival of our son. Wife informs me that 4 doors would be more appropriate thus trying to be a more responsible father and husband. It is hard to lose your first born for your first born if you know what I mean.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:56 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I too have a son on the way. I am still building my project car and have no plans of stopping.... Keep it and find something affordable with 4 doors.... he will never forgive you if you sold it before he go to drive it.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:11 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
My son rode to day care in the right seat of a '87 930 for years. They are safe cars and work as a daily driver. We even went to Sonic with both kids in the back seat as a family outing. Use lots of napkins on that one! I ended up selling it and was unhappy with the situation for a long time.

Keep it and get the wife a nice family sedan.

1986 930 Ultra-Smith RUF Slant Nose conversion, RUF VB, K-27 HF-S, B&B Headers and Exhaust, RUF Short Shifter, RUF Interior
Old 05-20-2012, 06:33 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Merlin and Mark, thank you gentleman. I am trying to work one last option that may secure ,as my wife said during the years of restoration "the other woman" =( my turbo ) an affectionate term we both still laugh about. Time will tell. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:52 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
I've gone native

Keep the 930 and lease a cheap DD/sedan.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:43 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
The flat six and bumpy ride will put the baby to sleep before you've gone around the block. Its a sure thing.

Install belts in the back and you'll be good through at least 7th grade.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:08 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Not a 930, but I used to have a 996 and my kids (4 year old twins when I got the car) loved it and would insist we go do errands in it instead of the SUV. Sold the car for other reasons and to this day, my kids (9 years old now) always say that I should get another 911 before they don't fit in the back. In other words, try and find a way to keep it. Heck, when my kids were born, I had a 2 seater sports car (BMW M Z3 Coupe) and sold that to get the 996 as it was more of a "practical family sports car".
Old 05-21-2012, 09:58 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
All I can tell you is that I sold my '70 T before my girl was born in July last year and 6 months in I was regretting it, picked up am 86 930 2 months ago. Maybe I am lucky but there is always a little time for yourself in-between the amazing experience of being a dad.....
Old 05-21-2012, 11:25 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

80 Turbo

I appreciate all the support fellas and am working on an option that may allow me to keep her. My gut instinct is in synch with your testimonials and I hope to share my story as well memories made someday as you have.Thanks to all and I'm keeping the faith.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:39 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Old 05-21-2012, 09:39 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: