Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911TurboLook View Post
By any chance is your friends vin number: WP0AB0914GS121414? Or is that a turbo? Very nice looking cars!
- Jason
Both are turbos

Old 05-27-2012, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
That's me, my gf was as excited about going to get a Porsche as I was. We toured up the west coast visiting some nice restaurants and spending a week in SF, a few days in Portland and a couple days in Seattle. It was a great trip.

The black wheels and ride height are courtesy of the previous owner. I was indifferent at first but i now love the way the wheels look. It is maybe just slightly too low as I need to be careful on steep driveways and speed bumps and it rides a little harsh. Sorting the suspension is on the to-do list, it will be the next big thing after figuring out my cold start issues and refreshing the brakes. I admit I like the way they looks low though so I won't raise it too much when I do
Old 05-27-2012, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
M491 Coupe Owner

Garage
Quote:
Oh Snap - Do we have identical cars? (Except year) Mines 1986 Iris blue with black leather.

- Jason

Looks much better than when it was for sale in Florida. Looks like the only non-original parts left now are the Steering Wheel, Inside Door Handles, and the Carrera Badge on the rear lid.

I updated my list with your new pictures and info.
1986 Turbo Look Coupes
Old 06-14-2012, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
www.wht2du.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmeyer View Post
Looks much better than when it was for sale in Florida. Looks like the only non-original parts left now are the Steering Wheel, Inside Door Handles, and the Carrera Badge on the rear lid.

I updated my list with your new pictures and info.
1986 Turbo Look Coupes

Yes I added some easy to remove mods. The 930s steering wheel b/c I like it a lot better than the original one. Inside door handles b/c it breaks up all the black interior (Also the aluminum door handles won't break). Also added a stainless steel door sills instead of the original black plastic. One other mod was the fire extinguisher.

Other than that, everything else was put back to stock.

Are you sure the Carrera badge isn't original? It sure does look original. If it is not, that's another item I will have to remove.

When I received the car, the car didn't even have original fuchs rims. They were POS x brand.

Thanks for the link and update.

- Jason
2008 GT2 - Midnight Blue
https://www.wht2du.com & https://sfbaytransit.org/

Last edited by 911TurboLook; 06-14-2012 at 11:07 AM..
Old 06-14-2012, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
M491 Coupe Owner

Garage
Quote:
Are you sure the Carrera badge isn't original? It sure does look original. If it is not, that's another item I will have to remove.

- Jason
From 1984 to 86 the factory didn't put any model badge on the rear lid of the Turbo Looks. From 1987 to 89 the G50 911s had a mild face lift that included a different rear reflector and H-5 headlights. That face lift starting in '87 also added the Carrera badge to the Turbo Looks. The badge on your car is correct for a '87 to '89 TL.

If you look at the pictures on my 1986 list you will see that most don't have a badge. I put the smaller 993 size Carrera badge on mine because I think it looks better with something in that space.

Sounds like you put a lot of time and money into making this car right again. At least it is still one of the lowest mileage '86 TL coupes that I know of.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
www.wht2du.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmeyer View Post
From 1984 to 86 the factory didn't put any model badge on the rear lid of the Turbo Looks. From 1987 to 89 the G50 911s had a mild face lift that included a different rear reflector and H-5 headlights. That face lift starting in '87 also added the Carrera badge to the Turbo Looks. The badge on your car is correct for a '87 to '89 TL.

If you look at the pictures on my 1986 list you will see that most don't have a badge. I put the smaller 993 size Carrera badge on mine because I think it looks better with something in that space.

Sounds like you put a lot of time and money into making this car right again. At least it is still one of the lowest mileage '86 TL coupes that I know of.
Thanks for the info!

2008 GT2 - Midnight Blue
https://www.wht2du.com & https://sfbaytransit.org/
Old 06-14-2012, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: