Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1 bar spring yet 12.2 psi on plx boost guage

Its not quite reaching 1 bar right. Spring is 1 year old. Is that normal?
Also on idle guage reads 1 to 1.5. I assume vaccuum in mmhg.. Is that a normal reading too?
Thank you

Old 05-25-2012, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Bad spelling. Sorry, cant find my damn glasses
Old 05-25-2012, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Was the guage accurate before the spring was installed?
Old 05-25-2012, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Only had stock gauge when spring installed now have the plx boost gauge. Im hoping its correct as I want to be sure im at least .8 bar but not over 1 bar.
I just dont know how accurate they are. My original boost gauge in the speedo goes all the way to 1 bar though....
Old 05-25-2012, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidigonzo View Post
Only had stock gauge when spring installed now have the plx boost gauge. Im hoping its correct as I want to be sure im at least .8 bar but not over 1 bar.
I just dont know how accurate they are. My original boost gauge in the speedo goes all the way to 1 bar though....
Where it only went to .8 before?
Old 05-25-2012, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
No.. Even with stock spring it went past .8 sometimes to 1. So i installed this digital one hoping to get a real reading but it seems im boosting to just over .8 bar. Not near 1 bar eventhough the spring is 1 bar
Old 05-25-2012, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to lupin..the..3rd
This is confusing. So the stock spring gives more boost than the aftermarket one?
Old 05-25-2012, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
With stock spring and stock gauge reading was .8 to 1 bar
Then i put 1 bar spring.
Stock gauge just went straight to 1 bar, but had no way of knowing if i was going further than 1 bar with stock gauge so I got Plx gauge and full boost shows 12.2 to 12.6 psi which i belive is just a little over .8 bar.
Im wondering if plx gauge is accurate
Old 05-25-2012, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I know over boost switch works cause i lived it after a minor mixup connecting wastegate hoses. So i know im not boosting to or past that limit

Old 05-25-2012, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: