Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Slantnose from HELL

1.5 bar on pump is not a problem. I do agree if your IC isn't a full bay high flow unit your charge temps would suffer not allowing one to run 1.5 or even 2 bar. Ive posted before no matter what car I've built I always shoot for 100 degrees or less on boost charge temps on a 95 degree ambient day. On my current cars setup as far as my charge temps I usually see 96-98 @ 1.5 and 100-102@ 2 bar on pump. Race fuel will give you more torque and help control detonation if you are over your efficiency range. But if you turbos are well matched and your IC is big and flows well you are able to run pump without problems. If your on a track or running the car really hard like a mile event, it is stupid not to run good fuel for a safety margin.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

GJF - you're running 2-bar on your car? What kind of hp are putting down?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamut View Post
22lbs,sorry I don't buy it, BS.,show me the logged data.,cheers, Stefan.
Whats not to buy? The car traps in the 160's with the boost higher.

and maybe one day the Porsche community will stop being afraid of boost
Old 05-29-2012, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

Don't really know, the dyno I use is only good to 1000HP. I have flat lined it so I know it's over 1000 but don't know exactly. To be honest it's not that important to me. Posted just to confirm 1.5 + is able to be had on pump. I have known Eddie since 95 or 96. He was into his tuning ability just as much then as he is today. He is definitely one of the best tuners out there. And I can say he has tried just about anything you could probably imagine.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

Drmatera
If the car is a 930 and CIS, they should be afraid of boost. Remember not everyone is willing to jump to a good EFI system that is able to support more boost. I feel 1-1.1 is the max for a CIS car. Those cars can't properly manage fuel or timing. The CIS works for what the original car was designed for but no way can it be run safely at high boost regardless of the quality fuel you throw at it. You know the difference going from stock to EFI. The motor can handle the power but only with EFI. I have stressed years ago for more people to make the jump to EFI and get away from the old typical Porsche tuner mods, but if they don't they just hit that threshold of power and without the jump they are stuck or they push it and poof!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
R.I.P.

GJF, I agree the CIS is the limiter.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

GJF - Can you please share some pics of your Slantnose and engine bay pics.
Thanks!
Yasin
Old 05-30-2012, 03:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Infidel

Mad mad mad car...... Love it!!!!
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 05-30-2012, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

I am actually very disappointed as I would have expected better. Back in the day (pre-jail), Eddie ran 9.21 @ 161 in that car on 255/50-16 Toyo RA1s setting a world record for the fastest 1/4 mile time on true street tires (no DOT slicks or drag radials). Back then he would lift the front end so far off the ground that the rear bumper would scrape the ground. The car is a little different now though as it s set for mile instead of 1/4 mile. Believe it or not; no TT Viper, TT Gallardo or even the fastest street tire EVO have been able to beat Eddie's old record. Yes many have run faster, but not on true street tires.

Last edited by 10 GT3; 05-30-2012 at 06:25 AM..
Old 05-30-2012, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
^^^ if you are "so disappointed" why don't you build a car and break the record? Im sure you can do much better than Bello.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Juan, what is the base engine from Bello's car ? 993TT ? Air cooled engine and twin turbo ? Eddie was talking about turbonetic.. Does it is GT-K with HPC Wheels turbo ? Maybe twin GT-K600 or 700 ? Thanks
Old 05-30-2012, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan ruiz View Post
^^^ if you are "so disappointed" why don't you build a car and break the record? Im sure you can do much better than Bello.
How do you know I'm not?
Old 05-30-2012, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 GT3 View Post
How do you know I'm not?
WOW! Balls
Old 05-30-2012, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Of steel

Maybe with a GT3 turbocharged engine
Old 05-30-2012, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Yeah, I've heard some talk of some guy around vegas or southern cali running a twin GT3, but these are not the same as Bello, his is/was aircooled. Once we get into the water pumpers, it's not as fun, and not the same either. Bello does it on an air cooled motor if I'm not mistsaken unless he's strapped a newer powerplant in there. No, even when a waterpumper beats that street tire record, it's still not the same to me.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
And that transaxle, how?!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

And what about aircooled engine with single turbo? That is the real challenge :P
Old 05-30-2012, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 GT3 View Post
How do you know I'm not?
If you "are" congratulations! However, I'm very disappointed that is taking you so long but to be a nice guy below is the list of things that 'YOU" and "Your Porsche" will have to do to impress me.

* By now you and your Porsche should be in the 7s not 8s. 9s will be unnaceptable.

* You and your Porsche will have to go over 236mph in the one mile, no with a full blowing race car but with a full interior fully functional car, which you will have to drive to the track, Since Bello drove from Florida to the Texas mile and back I'm sure that will not be an issue with your fast Porsche. Oh and don't forget that the car has to have a OEM Porsche Gear Box, otherwise I may think that your are trying to cheat.

* You will have to build a Rear Wheel Front mounted Porshe drag car and only then I will be impressed, until then you are just one more of the dreamers.... But don't worry I too dream to go 9s one day

I'm sure that both of those records will be broken one day, BUT until that day comes Mr. Ediie Bello is the Record Holder for the fastest Porsche in the World both in the 1/4mile and the standing still mile. Is that simple

By the way, get your facts right, Bello never went to jail and one more thing, please provide me the dates that you will break the record so I can mark my calendar.

Rick Flair once said "To be the Man you have to Beat the Man"
Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Brando

Garage
/\ /\ /\ Amen /\ /\ /\
Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

Its one thing to build a fast drag car. But to Drag race, mile race and road race the same car, and drive it to and from the track........ I think "some" of you guys don't have a clue what that takes to make into a reality. His original car was a torsion bar car and now the current car is a strut car. Since coming back into the street car venue from the full chassis effort that went sadly wrong due to theft, he has not focused on 1/4 mile only. Not easy to have one car be so diverse. Eddie is as humble as they come and not one to bad mouth anyone for trying to go faster. I think he would welcome competition. This board is for information sharing and not bashing. If we want bashing we can just turn on the news and watch or political leaders....

Old 05-30-2012, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: