Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Brando

Garage
I'm excited he's actually here with me on this board. I hold him in very high regard. Very cool.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Cool ! So maybe you can answer questions...?

If we are nobody or european, i hope we can give our experience and ask questions about vids, perf and engine... This is a "Tech Forums"
Old 05-31-2012, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
I'm sure that Bello won't mind one bit to help and answer questions, where the problem begins with that, is that you have people that will try to pick his brain for their own benefit without putting one dime in his pocket's after he has been the one funding and doing all the R&D on air cooled engines.

a question here and there I'm sure will be fine, but if he is willing to answer questions and then have to argue with people about what he is saying what's the point?
Old 05-31-2012, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Banned

This just might be one of the strangest threads I have ever seen on the turbo forum - a couple of people question the boost pressure claims and the responces read like attempts were made to steal trade secrets (not to mention the Jr. High "hater this and hater that" stuff) - WOW!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
This just might be one of the strangest threads I have ever seen on the turbo forum - a couple of people question the boost pressure claims and the responces read like attempts were made to steal trade secrets (not to mention the Jr. High "hater this and hater that" stuff) - WOW!
How many years has it taken to get him here? I think he knows a thing or two and his participation is very welcome here. So.......
Old 05-31-2012, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Welcome Eddie! I'm sure there are a lot of peeps here who would love to have your input on these cars since you are at the top.

If you don't mind me asking:
1. What trans do you use?
2. What size turbo/brand?
3. What EFI system do use?

If you can't respond, I understand.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Garage
1. What trans do you use?

Porsche OEM with Guard Differential

2. What size turbo/brand?

Tial size n/a

3. What EFI system do use?

Pre historic Haltech
Old 05-31-2012, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Great ! And do you know if Eddie has tried single turbo application before his TT aircooled engine ? What was the limit ?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Garage
Bello has extensive experience with single turbos and Rotary engines as well.

I have my own share (single turbo) while I was doing my own thing at that time I never knew Bello, 11 turbos,5 clutches and 12 axles later I found my combination, unfortunately I got frustrated with so many changes and the trips to the Dyno at 16 psi on low Boost and 35 on the High side I left her alone there.

Last edited by juan ruiz; 05-31-2012 at 10:10 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Thanks Juan for your experience ! We can have until 35psi of boost in an aircooled engine ?? I think it was with racing gas and a very low compression !? What is the best turbo in single turbo application for street engine with maximum power ? Garrett ? KKK ? Hybride ? Turbonetic ? Tial ?... That was with GT2 cams ? Do you remember the maximum value of the spark advance you had with pump gas ? Sorry for questions, i will send you PM...

For Eddie => do you think we can make a wheelie like you with a single turbo ??

Sure twin turbo engine is the best choice for performance in 1/4 mile.

I love that old 964 Bello's car !!

Old 05-31-2012, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
Turbonut

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post
he's German, they don't understand tact. When you're void of personality and humor, all you can discuss is data.
Good job figuring out all the Germans at once...not. BTW, if it is news to you, Porsches are made by Germans too. Guess they lack any personality whatsoever.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Garage
Hey guys

This is awesome!

For me it's about the passion - No matter where your from.
Let's keep it on track and enjoy the posts by those whom are willing to give us a sneak peak of real life Porsche tuning.

I am never gonna get into this league, but the passion is there, all the way up along the pros - skill, money and time - not so much.

Bello, Juan et al keep it coming. It is greatly appreciated!!!
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 05-31-2012, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Garage
I don't think I remember half of the stuff I did; it was so much at one time But let me try

The one turbo I will never forget and the one I've always had love for was a 60-1 with .81. That little sucker was great BUT after 130mph, she will simply die.

I won't go as far as saying that 35psi is the magical "safe" number in an air cooled, there's many factors there, but I think the 935 were way out here on boost levels, but for that class, I'm nominating GJF he also has a Great deal of experience on this subject, after all he was a technical writer for car magazines and knows a thing or two about Boost.

Honestly, for the street 16-17 psi is plenty, trust me, but if you want to wet your pants 22-24 will do the trick, anything over that is just stupid, plus you need a LOT of room to really utilize that level of power, for the 1/4 mile or the Mile works great, attention to the traction department. We both run drag radials on the street, anything else is spin city.

In my particular case, I have two maps, one for pump gas and one for c116 fuel; I can switch the maps via a targa switch, Bello put two maps there for me, what numbers, timing, fuel maps he has, I have no clue, the maps are his property, and they are locked with his own password. I now run a Precision 65-67.81 with a billet wheel, is a little turbo but work outsanding.

Cams, that's probably one of the few items that I have never changed, hell when someone like Todd at Protomotive recommends them. It must be a reason. I love my Evo GT2 cams; I think that's why my car has an unbelievable 3er gear push, after that is when my knees start shacking.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Garage
From memory lane For the record! I did race him! and yes I did get spanked too

Old 05-31-2012, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan ruiz View Post
I don't think I remember half of the stuff I did; it was so much at one time But let me try

The one turbo I will never forget and the one I've always had love for was a 60-1 with .81. That little sucker was great BUT after 130mph, she will simply die.

I won't go as far as saying that 35psi is the magical "safe" number in an air cooled, there's many factors there, but I think the 935 were way out here on boost levels, but for that class, I'm nominating GJF he also has a Great deal of experience on this subject, after all he was a technical writer for car magazines and knows a thing or two about Boost.

Honestly, for the street 16-17 psi is plenty, trust me, but if you want to wet your pants 22-24 will do the trick, anything over that is just stupid, plus you need a LOT of room to really utilize that level of power, for the 1/4 mile or the Mile works great, attention to the traction department. We both run drag radials on the street, anything else is spin city.

In my particular case, I have two maps, one for pump gas and one for c116 fuel; I can switch the maps via a targa switch, Bello put two maps there for me, what numbers, timing, fuel maps he has, I have no clue, the maps are his property, and they are locked with his own password. I now run a Precision 65-67.81 with a billet wheel, is a little turbo but work outsanding.

Cams, that's probably one of the few items that I have never changed, hell when someone like Todd at Protomotive recommends them. It must be a reason. I love my Evo GT2 cams; I think that's why my car has an unbelievable 3er gear push, after that is when my knees start shacking.
Very interesting !! Thanks Juan
Old 05-31-2012, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

So Juan (or Eddie), which OEM trans is that? 930, 964T G-50?

If either one, I'm very impressed those trans can hold that much torque - especially with slicks!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Garage
Mine has the factory gear box, the only up grade is a billet side cover which I broke during one of the 1/4 mile races ( missed a gear) + I had 250 extra pounds of sand inside the car to comply with weight restrictions.

Bello's has the OEM box or a 50-52 box I don't remember.

At one time were contemplating installing an automatic Porsche triptonic gear box but the clutches were not able to hold the power, all that R&D was done by someone else and they were nice enough to share the information and save us all that $
Old 05-31-2012, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

Garage
More memory's......

Old 05-31-2012, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Garage
Old 05-31-2012, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

Garage

Old 05-31-2012, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: