Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage

Old 05-31-2012, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)

Looks like some of you guys chased Eddie away -- on purpose. Seems like some are actually intimidated by his success with a P car. I'm very well known in the BMW world and have many threads about my famed black turbo BMW. I've run into the same thing myself, haters and crap like that. On one occasion, I was up in Chattanooga Tennessee at an event sponsored by BMW North America, won the event and got a nice trophy. When I left, I wrapped up the trophy and put it in my trunk. A few weeks later a thread popped up about me putting the trophy in my trunk - how symbolically rude it was to put it there. This thread went on for pages! People freaked over it. Blew my mind. So I know how you feel, Eddie. Blaze on, dude.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
^^^ That was 236mph but then again I will never forget the guy that told us that he was flying around on his own plane and saw the run and that it was impossible to run that fast.. He came to that conclusion after reviewing his plane data log.

Certified clocks were on hand, same brand and same type that they used on the Texas mile.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoker View Post
Looks like some of you guys chased Eddie away -- on purpose. Seems like some are actually intimidated by his success with a P car. I'm very well known in the BMW world and have many threads about my famed black turbo BMW. I've run into the same thing myself, haters and crap like that. On one occasion, I was up in Chattanooga Tennessee at an event sponsored by BMW North America, won the event and got a nice trophy. When I left, I wrapped up the trophy and put it in my trunk. A few weeks later a thread popped up about me putting the trophy in my trunk - how symbolically rude it was to put it there. This thread went on for pages! People freaked over it. Blew my mind. So I know how you feel, Eddie. Blaze on, dude.

So you know FIRST hand what we have been dealing with for years!

By the way I help building a M3 turbo but was a leaning curve, the head gaskets eat us alive but then again we were doing everything ourselves and as you know that's expensive, frustrating, complicated and frustrating
Old 05-31-2012, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan ruiz View Post
So you know FIRST hand what we have been dealing with for years!

By the way I help building a M3 turbo but was a leaning curve, the head gaskets eat us alive but then again we were doing everything ourselves and as you know that's expensive, frustrating, complicated and frustrating
Eaten alive is so true. I blew them all the time. Here is one @ 32 psi, blew out the side of the block in S. Georgia in the middle of nowhere. This was O'ringed block, head studs.

Then I had Flatout gaskets make a copper one.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Ha! Small world!! we did the same!! also changed the studs and ended lowering the compression we ended making 580whp and after all that my buddy sold the car
Old 05-31-2012, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Wer bremst verliert

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post

mamut requested datalogs, he's German, they don't understand tact. When you're void of personality and humor, all you can discuss is data.

Please don't let these guys ruin it for everyone, we're all very excited to have Mr. Bello in here.

I hope this doesn't mean for good.
Agree its great to see Eddie here, and agree mamut was rude but I have to take exception to your linkage of Germans as lacking tact, personality and humor. Mamut may have been a jerk (and that is debatable, its so easy to come across wrong on email or forums) but calling an entire country's population as tactless, lacking personality and humor isnt accurate, fair or particularly tactful. In fact its something a jerk would do.

How do you like the personality of your favorite German car? Have you lived in Germany? Have German family?
1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 05-31-2012, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoker View Post
Looks like some of you guys chased Eddie away -- on purpose. .
Seriously.... I was not going to say anything but I could feel the negative tension in some of those reply's just sitting at my computer . Some of you guys need to frigging chill out
Old 05-31-2012, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
^^^ Imagine Bello, he came to the forums to make new friends and share his passion for the FREAKING FIRST TIME and what did he find? Nothing but luv But is all good we have to thank them, they are the ones that we talk and laugh when we see unheard results
Old 05-31-2012, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)

Bello's car must have a very light front-end with those f/glass 993 style front fenders and C2 bumper. No wonder it's popping wheelies like that

Hats off to the guy... he's truely a pioneer in this arena... no doubt about that!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
No Fiberglass fenders there Mr.

I think 1262rwhp may have something to do with it
Old 05-31-2012, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)
Registered

I learned a ton of stuff i didn't know just in the few hours talking to him and also you Juan when we were at the exotic car show a while back.I hope he decides to stick around on here. There are a lot of people here who would certainly appreciate the knowledge he shares. Having seen his car fist hand it's not filled with exotic overpriced parts it's done tastefully and a lot of than parts are either stock or hand fabricated by him. Hearing him discuss how and why he built his own intake manifold and understanding of the wave pulses formed by the intake valves and how the harmonics develop from that. Then being able to explain it in layman's terms as simple as it's like tuning a horn.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 05-31-2012, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrorunner View Post
How many years has it taken to get him here? I think he knows a thing or two and his participation is very welcome here. So.......
I agree completely! I have followed Juan's threads about him for five years or so and always wished the man himself would chime in!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)
Wide body, molester.

What a sad thread. I would not expect it from Pelicans.
Bello, welcome.
Ignore the demanding people and embrace the rest. Your presence here is an asset to all wrench turners who wish their skinny pedal did more.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan ruiz View Post
No Fiberglass fenders there Mr.

I think 1262rwhp may have something to do with it
HOLY CHASSIS WARPING HP BATMAN! THAT'S INSAAAAAAAANE!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)

Eddie is the king of the mountain and there are always wannabees
that will cheap shot him because they don't have what it takes to get there
themselves.

Celebrate being king of the mountain and enjoy it, you earned
it. Being king of the mountain makes all the rest of us your followers.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
Not to mention Bello has been running these numbers (20+ pounds of boost and 1200+ hp) for years!
Indeed! I remember watching him drag the pipes @ Moroso more than 10 years ago running consistent low 10's!
-84 Porsche 930 Euro #169 - EFI conversion, Currently under construction.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)
Registered

I hope Eddie sticks around and I truly welcome him and honored that he is amongst us. He has stuck with this platform and made it truly an international success, we would all benefit from his experience and input (I know I would for sure). I have been following his success since the '96-'97.

BTW...that M3 E36 Copper Head Gasket is awesome..what does a custom gasket like that cost?
Regards - Yasin
Old 06-01-2012, 04:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
I hope Mr. Bello will stick around. He is a legend. There's no need for a champion to show the data when action speaks for itself repeatedly.

zcoker,

What type of gasket is this? If it's MLS then I'll be darned! BTW, I'm using MLS gasket in my '84 Celica Supra running a t3/t4 HKS turbo. The head and block were lapped to use metal HG.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Agreed that Eddie is very welcome.
I enjoy reading about his car and watching the videos.
Was thrilled to see he joined the forum.

Hope he sticks around

1986 944 Turbo
Old 06-01-2012, 05:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: