Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

centrifugal advance springs 930-3,3

I can see that my centrifugal advance springs have lost some strength (getting longer)

Where can I get them? distributor number 0237302034 - pgfud6

Old 05-28-2012, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Purchase an aftermarket mechanical advance recurve kit and play around with using the various spring rates. Basically your climbing to max advance when you accelerate and you want the advance to pull back when your at idle. Have you checked your timing at both idle and 3000+ rpm using a timing light?

How do you know that your springs are weak? Just a feeling?

Many aftermarket kits: Moroso, Accel, MSD,etc..

Ask Mike Bruns at JB Racing.. He may have a better idea on what currently available springs are close to factory spring rate. Maybe ask the Techs at our host??

Last edited by HFR_Racer; 05-28-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Old 05-28-2012, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Some months ago, Chris from TurboKraft was so kind to lend me some advice on what to do to get the most out of our engines.

Here is what he said
Quote:" When we are after the "most" from a car, we spend an extra hour or two on the chassis dyno playing with timing values and the vacuum routing -- sometimes cars start and run better cold with the thermovalve in the breather cover, othertimes not. We'll adjust timing, do a dyno pull... If too much timing at idle and just right at revs, we'll play with the internal springs, swapping for ones from a domestic V8 distributor rebuild kit.
It is possible to really get it dialed for awesome acceleration, power, and civilized starting & idling."

Hope this helps

www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 05-28-2012, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: