Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

WARM UP REGULATOR lines what options are there

I replaced my WUR ( warm up regulator ) lines over the weekend with the best hose I could source locally ( carburetor / vacuum hose) .

It took about 1 minute for the hose to burst, I thought it was a faulty hose so I replaced it but the new hose also burst within a minute . I had no idea there was that much pressure in those small lines.

I tried to contact special T auto but they seem to be unavailable, something to do with a delorean car show.

any other options other than oem .

Is it possible to fabricate new line? What size line and fittings would be needed?

Thanks

Old 06-04-2012, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Carburator fuel line is low pressure and can not be used for fuel injection. Vacuum line has no reinforcment and can't take any pressure or it'll pop.

The WUR control pressure is hydraulic fuel pressure isolated from the rest of the CIS fuel pressures by a small fuel supply orifice leading to the control pressure cavity above the control plunger in the top middle of the fuel head and it's around 30psi when cold and around 60 psi when warmed up after a few minutes.
That hydraulic fuel pressure pushes down on the top of the control plunger against the air flow meter sensor plate mechanical linkage that is pushing up on the bottom of the control plunger as you open the throttle and engine speed increases.

The fuel line you need has to be rated for fuel injection pressure levels and gas and alcohol fuels. It is usually rated up to 300psi and CIS is up to 100psi in it's fuel supply line.
The hose used for the WUR supply and return lines is thick walled and really small inner diameter and you won't find that in generic auto part stores. It's different than common fuel injection line.
Go to a hydraulic hose supply store or go mail order from someone that knows what you need for this application.
Using the wrong hose on those tiny barbed banjo fittings and not knowing what you're doing with a high pressure fuel system is a major fire hazzard.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

930-110-302-05 Supply line from fuel distributor to warm-up regulator. $101.50 from our host.
930-110-305-03 Return line from Warm up regulator to fuel distributor. $42.25 from our host.

Both parts will come from Germany and probably take a week or two. Check with your local Porsche dealer or Zim's also. I bought mine from PP.

Toby
1968/1973 911S MFI #73 - Tweety Bird. 911 PCA Club Racer. E Prepared
2001 GT3 Cup #77 - O M G!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I relocated my WUR and needed 15" lines to reach back to the FD. I took them to a hydraulic repair shop in town and they crimped the old fittings back onto new high pressure fuel lines (not hydraulic oil lines) and charged me a whopping 20 bucks. They've been in place for over a year with no issues.
17 NSX - Nouvelle Blue
Old 06-06-2012, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman maire View Post
I replaced my WUR ( warm up regulator ) lines over the weekend with the best hose I could source locally ( carburetor / vacuum hose) .

It took about 1 minute for the hose to burst, I thought it was a faulty hose so I replaced it but the new hose also burst within a minute . I had no idea there was that much pressure in those small lines.

I tried to contact special T auto but they seem to be unavailable, something to do with a delorean car show.

any other options other than oem .

Is it possible to fabricate new line? What size line and fittings would be needed?

Thanks
try this https://www.belmetric.com/hoses-braided-hose-oem-c-14_138.html?zenid=8aq14rap7o35torkp5a8qvatm0

or this https://www.belmetric.com/hoses-smooth-high-pressure-oem-c-14_139.html?zenid=8aq14rap7o35torkp5a8qvatm0

Last edited by speednme1; 06-06-2012 at 04:33 PM..
Old 06-06-2012, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
If you can measure the ID, OD, and wall thickness I may have some polyamid hose that size.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Hello,

Thanks for the replys, I just wanted to update this. I finally had a chance to go down to Aeroquip dealer to get my fuel lines, they did a great job.

I also had 1 of my injector lines renewed with my old fitting. Brass crimp fittings were used and it they look great. thanks again for all the help

Old 06-21-2012, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: