Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Happiest when Tinkering

Insurance company is requiring an apprasial

So I can get new comp on the car and no one in my area will touch the car as an appraised value. Anybody got any ideas they say they need it on official letterhead of a dealer.

76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 06-05-2012, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

PCA member valuation?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Not a pca member and the underwriter wouldn't accept the Excellence magazine valuation for my car.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
Old 06-05-2012, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

What insurance carrier are you using?
Old 06-05-2012, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

for what it's worth, Hagerty never asked me for an appraisal, and I offered to the one I had.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Columbia Insurance are the underwriters and an interesting thing I just went to the NADA guide for both these vehicles and the avg. retail on both are higher than my expected payout on the cars the avg. for the 911 is 19700 and for the chevy blazer is 9700 I found out the reason for the appraisals is because they going to insure them as classic vehicles and wanted much higher valuation than NADA which wasn't the case it was an assumption on the part of my insurance agent so I may be able to get them to accept the NADA guide and not insure them as classic cars. They were going to impose some serious mileage limitations ie <1000 miles per year also so I didn't like that either.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I use State Farm and they accepted the appraisal and declared value from a local "certified" appraiser; and yep, limited yearly miles were imposed.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Same here--Hagerty.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

I really do live out here in the sticks and I have been contacting everyone that they said I could use to appraise the value but none of those people will do it. They don't understand I am not looking for replacement value of all the stuff I have done to the car or truck for that matter since I have done a lot more to that than I have done to the 911 I just want basically book value on it in case it gets smashed by a tree in a storm or stolen and I don't want mileage limits on either so if I decide to go on a couple road trips then its not a problem.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
+1 on hagerty. no appraisal, no milage limitations, agreed value. call em
Old 06-05-2012, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Before I had Hagerty I had allstate... I took pics of my car with a good digital camera. Sent it to them..Used pics for appraisal..Then they forwarded it to Hagerty etc.etc.

Maybe those clowns will go that route.

Walt
Old 06-05-2012, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Frank--

How is that bad boy doing???
Old 06-05-2012, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

How is Hagerty at raising their rates every year that is why I am leaving my present insurance company I had a claim on a different vehicle from storm damage and they jacked all my premiums up.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

In nyc area I pay approx-$330 a year.. 82-911 Targa. I haven't seen my rates go up in the last 4-5 yrs.. No accidents or mishaps--(thnk god).

I pay xtra- $20.00 a year the the prem. tow pkg more than 50miles if i get stuck.

If they do go up (rates)--i will call them and say i will go elsewhere...etc..etc..

so far so good...I heard Grundy was good also.

Last edited by wjfk32; 06-05-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Old 06-05-2012, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Thanks 515 a year for 0 deductible for both vehicles ( the 911 and the 76 Blazer ) is not a bad quote I am going to let my local insurance company come to terms and insure me first but if they don't come up with something today then I am going with Hagerty I would like to keep all my insurance in 1 place and local and this company doesn't increase premiums either

Old 06-05-2012, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: