Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Found it! My 930 (to be)

I have been looking for a while for a car to ease the Porsche graving. The 911 SC is just on the rotisserie and will take a year (or 2) to be finished.

Drove 7 hours to look at a 993 turbo, interested in 911 Targa, even the Cayman came to mind....But then, very unexpected I came across this beauty! Yeez do I like the color!

It's a 1986 1 owner 65K miles 930. Sold by a porsche dealer who took it a trade. Very well maintained and a clear PPI. Only thing to be done would be the compression and leakdown next week.

Can't wait to fly out and take the 1200 km road trip home!

Pictures:

Old 06-08-2012, 10:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Looks like it has a Euro exhaust.
14 535i M Sport
Old 06-09-2012, 12:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Nice looking car!!

1986 930 Ultra-Smith RUF Slant Nose conversion, RUF VB, K-27 HF-S, B&B Headers and Exhaust, RUF Short Shifter, RUF Interior
Old 06-09-2012, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Ditch the wheels... Yuck..
Old 06-14-2012, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPOZZZ View Post
Looks like it has a Euro exhaust.
How can you tell?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

congratulations...

on you new toy. Welcome to the slippery slope. We'll see how long you can hold on. Philip
87 930 GHL/Rarlyl8/Garretson/GT3582R/1 Bar/Wevo shift, mounts/Meth inj/LM-2/Custom Fuchs/Carrera intake manifold/Xtreme Carrera heads P&P/3.4/DR 993SS cams/ Mahl/Pauter/JE/Niresist/ARP/twin COP/8.25:1/KEP stage 2/twin tials/close 2,3,4th. MS3Pro Evo 500+ HP, BTSOMP Dyno
Old 06-15-2012, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I've gone native

I like the wheels, what offsets/spacers?
Looks like the stock exhaust to me unless it's dual out.
Nice car btw
c
Old 06-15-2012, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

very nice. Just need a nice set of Fuchs.

Just wondering, have you driven the car? How would you compare it to the other cars you have looked at?
Old 06-15-2012, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt surgeon View Post
Nice car btw
c
Isn't the twin tip the euro exhaust?
14 535i M Sport
Old 06-15-2012, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Welcome!

What about some pictures from the back and engine bay?

The black triming looks "blacker" than usual - repainted...?

+1 on the wrong wheels.

Good looking car!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

have to agree with it being a nice colour as it looks the same as my 1985 930 and it is the only one i have seen in that colour (perissian blue)apart from mine ,unless the photo is not giving a true reflection of it. i also agree with ditching the wheels ,get something with a stagger to set arches of. i went for 18"techart daytonas along with body kit not everyons taste but i like it . when you get it home i hope it is everything you hoped it would be.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

another prussian owner here...
Old 06-15-2012, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Can't see enough of the exhaust to determine US vs. RoW, IMO.

Twin tip is the later muffler, either "bottom-half-of-a-muffler-with-a-cat" (US/Japan/anywhere that required a cat) or not (everywhere else). The early muffler had a single large outlet instead of two separate one - and fed the wastegate into the muffler instead of using a separate muffler for that..

IIRC, Canada had to take US models due to emissions laws, but could import RoW models if not offered in the US market that year - like the years the 930 wasn't.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Thanks guys !

Finally got the results of the tests and its great! Getting tickets tomorrow and will pu next week. Leak down between 1% and 2%, compression 120 -125.

Will post more pictures after picking up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt surgeon View Post
Nice car btw
c
Car is pretty much stock. Not a fan of the wheels but ok for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman maire View Post
very nice. Just need a nice set of Fuchs.

Just wondering, have you driven the car? How would you compare it to the other cars you have looked at?
Nope did not drive it. Haven't even seen it in person....

Quote:
Doubt it . Californian delivered when new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
Welcome!

What about some pictures from the back and engine bay?

The black triming looks "blacker" than usual - repainted...?

+1 on the wrong wheels.

Good looking car!
don't think its repainted. Its offered for sale by a Porsche dealer and it had a full detail done on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by das930 View Post
have to agree with it being a nice colour as it looks the same as my 1985 930 and it is the only one i have seen in that colour (perissian blue)apart from mine ,unless the photo is not giving a true reflection of it. i also agree with ditching the wheels ,get something with a stagger to set arches of. i went for 18"techart daytonas along with body kit not everyons taste but i like it . when you get it home i hope it is everything you hoped it would be.
Very beautiful car! Isn't it a perfect colour? Love it! Pictures don't do justice. My daughter told me it's purple.....Its a funny story actually, a long long time ago I restored a motorcycle at the age of 16. It was 1986 and I had it repainted a fresh new Blue Porsche colour. I have looked up the pictures, (yes the one on paper) and I can'r remember the actual colour code but it is scary close to perissian Blue.... I will scan the picture and post it for you guys to vote on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuggy View Post
Can't see enough of the exhaust to determine US vs. RoW, IMO.

Twin tip is the later muffler, either "bottom-half-of-a-muffler-with-a-cat" (US/Japan/anywhere that required a cat) or not (everywhere else). The early muffler had a single large outlet instead of two separate one - and fed the wastegate into the muffler instead of using a separate muffler for that..

IIRC, Canada had to take US models due to emissions laws, but could import RoW models if not offered in the US market that year - like the years the 930 wasn't.
It's not a Canadian car, but soon to be....Sorry another one leaving US soil.....
Old 06-15-2012, 10:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timc View Post
another prussian owner here...
Would you mind posting some pictures?
Old 06-15-2012, 10:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Nice car. Bring a couple of extra fuel pump fuses with you for the ride home just in case.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
I've gone native

^what he said, don't ask.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilonly View Post
Nice car. Bring a couple of extra fuel pump fuses with you for the ride home just in case.

Will do! All suggestions are welcome!
Old 06-16-2012, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
I've gone native

PB is a very cool color.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Must be something about this colour as you looked at plenty then brought without driving or seeing in the flesh , I was looking on and off for ages then mine came up out of the blue at 6.30 in the morning on eBay saying owned for last 14 years only done 3500 miles in past 3 years, phoned him at 7 and done the deal over the phone, the only difference was mine was in the same village as me around 2 miles down the road yet I'd never seen it! That's what I love about Porsches over other cars they give you a gut feeling even when there not 100% like mine was when I brought it but the picture alone said buy me!

Old 06-17-2012, 12:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: