Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
You have to flex your muscles sometimes.

The other day, I had a newer Mustang 5.0 with wheels, exhaust, and other odds and ends run up behind me pretty quick. When I turned a corner, he was still on my tail, so I thought I'd show him a little bit of what mine has.

As I got to second, I let it get to about 3,000 RPM, and then I stomped it. Once it hit full boost, I was fishtailing and then short shifted to 3rd. Once the boost came on again, I had a quick little whip of the rear and straight as an arrow it went.

The Mustang quickly withdrew and never tried to catch up with me.

I hate those cars....I can't help myself when they are next to me (or behind). They are like cockroaches.....everyone has them and everyone has a head when they do have one........
Damn this is funny

81 911 SC
76 911 S
66 912
71 914 2L

Old 06-14-2012, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Had a trio of tuner cars in front of me on the way to a nice road drive out of town last night and had to flex my muscles. The one in back, a mazda speed3 got removed quickly, and I thought it was over but another of the three, an acura hatchback with some cash thrown at it in the form of wheels, exhaust, and a front mount intercooler as well as some HID treatments and some nice paint takes up the chase in order to save grace and show his friends that he can "handle this". On my rear as to say, ready when you are, I went ahead as I was over three grand and RUF n ready. I was shocked to find him NOT get wasted but I walked him three times before turning around in order to return my 300lb. friend back to his 3.2 carrera. My friend was giggling and laughing the whole time. If only I hadn't had 300 extra lbs in the passenger seat. The trio just passed and I never saw them again. My friend said "they just got spanked by a 40 year old in a fourty year old car!
It was fun.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
My friend said "my car needs an overhaul, it's slow"
I said, it needs a turbo.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Eva

Garage
I just got rid of my 2-lane tough guy ride for a '78 911sc targa...and couldn't be happier

That's exactly right about them racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovie Ghoulie View Post
Actually I have found just the opposite. As soon as these 2 lane tough guys see my car, they just dial it back and act chill. I guess they don't give it a go unless they KNOW they can win.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Have another friend, great guy, who has a s2000 that he's thrown some money at in the form of headers, high flow cat and borla cat back system, intake and suspension bits. These cars rev to forever, which sucks more because he drove my car and hovered around 4500-5000rpm in my car just cruising which I'd never do but I'm too big a wuss to tell him that. Anyway, his car was very anemic by comparison, Those just do not have balls. Trying to get him to sell that crap and get a midyear or something. I finally got him to shut up about that honda, I'll never hear another word about that, he loved the SLB.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

I had my 7 year old grandson in the back of my 02 996tt X50 the other day cruising on I435 here in KC. A new Camaro SS came up from behind, slowed alongside and then pulled away. I was ignoring him when from the backseat i heard "hey Opa, you going to let that Chevy pass us?"

Needless to say the camaro was dispatched great authority.....
1982 930 Track Car "The Pumpkin"
2002 996tt X50 Lapis Blue Street Machine
Old 06-23-2012, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

and yes, I know better. couldnt help it...............
1982 930 Track Car "The Pumpkin"
2002 996tt X50 Lapis Blue Street Machine
Old 06-23-2012, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Grappler

Garage
Sometimes you just cant help it.

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
2009 Carerra S 997.2 (SOLD)
Old 06-23-2012, 09:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
rodsrsr when did you paint your car? It is the same car right?
Old 07-07-2012, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
I've gone native

Quote:
I had my 7 year old grandson in the back of my 02 996tt X50 the other day cruising on I435 here in KC. A new Camaro SS came up from behind, slowed alongside and then pulled away. I was ignoring him when from the backseat i heard "hey Opa, you going to let that Chevy pass us?"

Needless to say the camaro was dispatched great authority.....
Ahh yes, I know that area well!
Sometimes you gots to do what you gots to do.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Grappler

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrorunner View Post
rodsrsr when did you paint your car? It is the same car right?

I actually did more than paint. Eariler this year I decided that I was tired of the whole track thing. It's fun when your there at the track, but the rest of the time your driving a rattle can. I shed-ed the viper green look to the charcoal gray which doesnt stand out so much and converted to 930 type look. I also put all the factory glass back in, soundproofing, headliner, door panels and RS carpet. I even threw in a nice stereo and power windows. Overall the car is much nicer to drive. By cutting out the front section of the roll cage and installing reclining recars ingress is much improved. Total weight added was around 150 lbs so it's currently around 2300 lbs. The turbo more than makes up for the little bit of added weight.

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
Old 07-08-2012, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Your car looks great! Nice shade of grey and the wheels and the rear bumper look fantastic. Where did you get that rear bumper?

It's amazing you have the weight down around 2300 pounds.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Nice
Old 07-08-2012, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Grappler

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Your car looks great! Nice shade of grey and the wheels and the rear bumper look fantastic. Where did you get that rear bumper?

It's amazing you have the weight down around 2300 pounds.

Thanks! The rear bumper is from Better Bodies. They were the only ones to make a vented rear bumper which is what I needed for cooling. The car still has FG doors, front fenders, hood, tail and removal of lots of components like a/c, ect which is why its so light. (among some other little tricks) The green version weighed 2150. Getting power windows to work on FG doors with door panels was the hardest part, but you would never be able to tell they were glass by looking at them.

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
Old 07-08-2012, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
What about the trans, did you ever upgrade that?
Old 07-08-2012, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Grappler

Garage
Quote:

That is my Achilles heel. For now I just take it easy in 1st and 2nd.

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
Old 07-08-2012, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Quote:

Quote de quattrorunner

That is my Achilles heel. For now I just take it easy in 1st and 2nd.
Well me too. Out of curiosity, what is your power/torque level?
I run .8 bar, I have an andail IC and use meth 50/50
Gt30r turbo. Not sure what mine produces but I only use 75% throttle in first and give it hell in second.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Wide body, molester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by szyzygy View Post
I've noticed other guys in Mustangs and stuff not try to pass me. Always wondered if it's because they're afraid to get spanked.
The reason I do it is to admire a sweet ride.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Grappler

Garage
Quote:
Well me too. Out of curiosity, what is your power/torque level?
I run .8 bar, I have an andail IC and use meth 50/50
Gt30r turbo. Not sure what mine produces but I only use 75% throttle in first and give it hell in second.

.6 bar for now.....with the headers, exhaust, 20/21 grind cams, it should easily be over the 400 mark but I really dont know for sure. In a 2300 lb car it's pretty damn quick though.

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
Old 07-08-2012, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
That's fun. Yeah I ran with a .6 bar spring for a while but it actually only gave .45 bar. It was enough for a while and was quite quick at that. Outran a boxer s and felt nice and quick but decided it was time to install that .8 bar spring just sitting there and wow! Car is serious now. Like its almost rediculous compared to what I was used to. I'd say your fine to give most or full throttle in first and second with .6 bar. But your making more power than I was at the same boost. In fact, you might be making the same as me now at your level. Hmmm, better be careful I guess.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: