Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Brando

Garage
Loud popping(banging) with WMI

I always have the popping and gurgling because I have deleted the sat and decel valve so that's not new but with the WMI it's really loud like real loud bang right after boost and sudden close if throttle. I'm not too worried but maybe I am if it blows up my new exhaust system I plan to build next week
It's a little alarming.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Bov

My BOV lets loose at the same time. Are you running one? Philip
87 930 GHL/Rarlyl8/Garretson/GT3582R/1 Bar/Wevo shift, mounts/Meth inj/LM-2/Custom Fuchs/Carrera intake manifold/Xtreme Carrera heads P&P/3.4/DR 993SS cams/ Mahl/Pauter/JE/Niresist/ARP/twin COP/8.25:1/KEP stage 2/twin tials/close 2,3,4th. MS3Pro Evo 500+ HP, BTSOMP Dyno
Old 06-17-2012, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Yes a 964 diverter valve.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Is it one loud pow in your muffler right after lifting after some boost? Just guessing and without experiencing it is a stretch but it maybe it's unburned gas and water/methanol thats collected in the muffler exploding. With CIS some injection continues during deceleration.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Yes very possable it's in the actual muffler as it sounds like it, but I still don't know where the normal pops come from.
I just tried to duplicate the sound this morning and so far havn't heard it so it's not every time I guess. Seems to be after full, then slight throttle with the WMI still injecting and then shut off abruptly. I'm still making adjustments to the WMI controller so I'm not sure if I have adjusted out of it.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
It is time to turn off the W/M system and find the source of the backfire. Overrun burble is one thing, explosions another. Turbo thrust bearings do not respond well to pressure spikes.
Maybe a blown exhaust gasket - exhaust leak.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: