Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
push or pull fan for fender oil cooler

I upgraded my trombone cooler to a mocal cooler and now Id like to add a fan. What do you use? Push or Pull? I have the scoop so I assume pull but not sure......
Thanks!

Old 06-22-2012, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
You need a push type, I bought an elephant racing cooler that came with a generic fan, by flipping the fan blades it would go from pull to push. Not really impressed as the blades were only designedly to go one way. Regardless,it works well and operates off a thermostat.

Btw, install the fan on the opposite side of the tire side, this is why you need a push to work in conjunction with the scoop.
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 06-22-2012, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Cool. Thanks!
So push blowing to the front of the car not blowing towards the tires correct?
Wont it work against the air flow produced while the car is moving?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?e3n53r
Old 06-22-2012, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
ok. got it. should have read the end of your post! Thank you
Old 06-22-2012, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
Yeah, I thought about it and had to edit my post. The fan is about an inch thick, if it's on the tire side the tire will hit it when you turn too sharp. Probably rip the whole cooler off...
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 06-22-2012, 11:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Always use a push fan for coolers. The heat from the cooler will burn up the fan motor usually if it's in a pull configuration.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 06-24-2012, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Good points. Thank you!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

push and blowing with the flow - towards the rear.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Cool. Now to figure out how to stuff a small fan between the fender and cooler....! Any size recomendations? Its a mocal cooler from Pelican Parts

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?43t5ha

Old 06-26-2012, 05:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: