Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Kokeln turbo smoke in engine area

After the car sits a day and is started, it idles fine and no smoke, then after 5 mins of driving smoke Comes out as white smoke out through the wing, probably exhaust too.. It smokes like hell then just goes away...

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?z2tuoe

Old 06-26-2012, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Any ideas? Oil not draining properly from turbo? ... I just bought the car a couple months ago and havent messed with it much. Has a kokeln turbo, ic

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?r4h5jm
Old 06-26-2012, 04:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I read on kokeln site that the turbo has a restricted oil feed or drain and Im not sure if the car has the correct system.. Anyway, lots of issues to sort out with this car although outside and interior look pretty good.
No Power steering pump, accelerator was connected via a keychain hook, missing engine cooling tin, missing ac compressor and rear condenser although rest of it is there. Steering wheel cracked in the splines.... Bla bla bla.... Maybe in a few months ill be driving it ASSUMING smoke is from turbo and not engine itself!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mxbptp
Old 06-26-2012, 04:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
89 930.

Garage
Can you give us any more symptoms ? Do you see a puddle anywhere ? Coming through the wing you prob. have a leak somewhere. Hunt it down.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
No power steering pump.

These cars do not have power steering.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Just a few drops of oil on floor overnight but no puddle...
This is a 91 /92 964 cabrio that got an 89 930 engine transpant and 964 turbo body panels. I think it may hace had pw steering... Not sure but theres hoses leading to the steering mechanism up front that arent connected to anything..

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?whlhye

Old 06-26-2012, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: