Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

NEED HELP: Strange Electrical Noise coming from the Dashboard

My 930 1987 Turbo having a very Strange Electrical Noise coming from the Dashboard, I'm sure it is not the front Fuel Pump and Not the A/C Blower as they are all brand new parts, the sound is more like Electrical noise it increase and decrease !!! it sound like Zzzzzzzzzzzzz....,,, Sound

any one have is problem before ?????

Thanks for your feed back

Old 06-28-2012, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

There is a round cabin temperature sensor mounted on face of the dash on the 1987 models (right side of the steering hub) - the sensor has a small electric fan - maybe this is making the noise?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Mine makes a faint noise kinda like a tambourine being shaken while accelerating from a stop sometimes.
A buddies 930 does the same thing. We both have 2 bar VDO/NHS mechanical boost gauges where the clock was and he thinks it's the boost gauge making the noise.

I don't know what it is and just enjoy the mystery.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Could it be the fresh air ventilation fan?
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 06-28-2012, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

The increase and decrease in the volume, When i step on the gas peddle it increase, now i think the sound is not coming from the dashboard it comes from the top right side of the Gas peddle
Old 06-28-2012, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I don't know what it is and just enjoy the mystery.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: