Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

930 Mechanic in Boston.

I live on the north shore of Boston, know the Porsche repair shops but don't know of anyone with extensive knowledge of the 930's any ideas??

Old 06-30-2012, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
When I was living in the Boston area, I dealt with European Performance Engineering for some things. They are now in Natick. Jerry Pellegrino, owner. They are one of the better shops in the Boston area, but pricier too.
The only one I know of on the North Shore is Autobahn Performance in Peabody. There's one tech there that is fairly knowledgeable on 930's. Don't if he still works there.

What kind of work do you need done?
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 06-30-2012, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Manitop

Garage
Not on North Shore

Not on the north shore, but one of the best Porsche guys in the Boston area period is Mark at Auto Sport engineering in Stow. Worth the drive down. He, and his father before him, know everything and are honest and reasonable on prices. Give him a call to discuss your issues. My '89 930 is there now getting some work done and I sleep well knowing it is in Mark's hands.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Depending on where on N shore, you may want to reach out to Blair Talbot in S. NH. Met him a few years ago at a NHMS DE when I had my 3.2 Carrera. Seems very savvy about older P-cars (and man, can he drive! Scared the ***** out of me when he drove my car on the track!!)
Old 06-30-2012, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Mark at Exotic in Plaistow NH is VERY good .. The other guys I can't think of but David Goodman (on here) lives in Boston and has two 930's .. Send him a PM (his name is his screen name) he can help you out..
What's wrong with your car ?
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 06-30-2012, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the replys;

I bought the car two years ago from Sloan in Ct. This was the the third deal I had done with Richard and the car car is a 3 owner, 34K car. This is my 3rd 930 and I feel as though I have come home again. Bought my first in 1989 (78) and moved around the marque untill I rembered why I bought a Porsche in the first place.

There is nothing wrong with the car, have done a couple oil changes my self, and put around 1200K on the car. I have most records but looking for an experienced eye to have a look. Engine has been pulled, and resealed, including belts and plugs. Just want some TLC. I know Mark in Stow and his dad, they re did a 911s engine for me, they are good. The problem is I now live about 65 miles north of them and was trying to find someone closer. I will look into the N.H. referals, Thanks everyone!
Old 06-30-2012, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I'm in Southern NH and would like to meet a few of these guru's in the area. I will be doing all my own service, but you never know, I might need a hand some day or someone to talk over an issue.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: