Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Tranny bushing removal

Had a look around and really not sure how I need to proceed with tranny mount bushing removal and replacement in my 86 930.

Are the old bushings pressed out?

My new Rebel Racing poly mounts are a two piece design.

thanks in advance
Rod

Old 06-30-2012, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
subscribed
Old 07-01-2012, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Wevo has an exchange service for the mount. Unlike the 911s, the 930s don't use the same two-bolt mount as the engine mounts. Sorry I don't know if they just press out. I know the stock motor mounts do... I had one pull the rubber out when I was lifting the car with an engine hoist via the mounts.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Trans Mount

I replaced mine with the DIY Wevo kit, rairly easy if you can weld. Cut the rubber away on the top side with a sharp utility knife and you will be able to push the rest out of the bottom.

Paul
Old 07-01-2012, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Guys, started carving away the rubber at the top.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Banned

I would imagine heating the housing with a propane torche would make the bushings fall right out . . .
Old 07-02-2012, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

That bushing is very similar to the origonal rubber bushings in the front strut top mount camber plates.
Make a razor knife cut deeper down toward the narrow part of the mount in the middle about half way around and then put a big screwdriver in the middle and pry sideways. It will pop right out downwards.

Quick and no mess with heat or fumes.
It's the same way to remove the front strut rubber top mount bushings to install rennline monoballs.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I looked for the "best" way to remove the rubber mounts on the suspension for my build. I chose to pre-heat my powder coat over to 400F and put the part in the over till the rubber bushing swelled up (it's obvious) and then it just pushed out with a regular screwdriver. No fumes, little mess, just wear good gloves.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks gents, that heating in the oven is really slick, i was able to push the bushings out with a screw driver after 10min at 400F

thank you
Rod

Old 07-02-2012, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: